Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default About 3D possibilities in XTreme ?

Hello again.

I profit to ask another question that I have in mind for several weeks, about the 3D functions in Xara (I have XTreme5)

I spoke a little about it last week in another post : I am a bit deceived by the 3D tool in Xara, because of its poor rendering aspect (in my opinion of course). The rendering is too "simple", and the light colors are strange, and definitively bloqued (why a green and a purple colors for lightnings ?)

But I have just go through a gallery in the xaraxone.com pages a few minutes ago, then I found this gallery of a xara customer : http://xaraxtv.at.tut.by/gallery.htm

Here, the 3D aspects is really good.

So : is the rendering obtained here, is obtained thanks to a real 3D soft (importing shapes creating in Xara) ? Or is there something I missed in the 3D Xara tool ?

Thank you very much for your opinions about this 3D
    Stéphane
    Graphisme, illustrations & Webdesign - France
    creavisa

Default Re: About 3D possibilities in XTreme ?

Stéphane the 3D Tool creates a bitmap effect, an extrusion rather than a true 3D mesh. You can change the position and color of the lights. When using the 3D tool click the light bulp icon on the infobar to show the lights. You can click to select and drag a light to a new position. The Light's color can be changed using the Color Editor.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Though the gallery heading above the images says "Xara", I think that the two 3D looking images look much more like Blender or some 3D software. It IS possible to do them in Xara, however the naturalness of the shadows and the diffuse shading on the object look more like a rendering... (here is a "similar" one done in Blender, 20 mins...to help you decide if you think it was rendered)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	X2_.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	55.7 KB 
ID:	82161

Peace

James

James, let me remind you that this is a Xara graphics chat, not Blender. Going off topic and hijacking threads is not welcome here. This is not the first time you are doing this, so I have to ask you to stop it. Please restrict your Blender posts to the proper sections of the forum.
    Thank you.
    John.

Pure Xara (DP7) ...

Name:	dp7-3d.jpg 
Views:	127 
Size:	9.5 KB 
ID:	82167

Name:	dp7-3d_wire.jpg 
Views:	121 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	82166
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

James

that site is Dmitry Malutin's - member here: accessD

from what I have seen of his work in the past he would have little trouble in creating that sort of effect in xara, though that's not to say it was or that it was done in 20 minutes

there are lots of examples of work like this done in xara scattered around if you care to search

John is right, this is the xara forum..
    if you want to make a point please at least post up your own version of a designer/xtreme work, together with any blender version to compare
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Quote Originally Posted by ODdOnLifeItself View Post
    Though the gallery heading above the images says "Xara", I think that the two 3D looking images look much more like...
    Dmitri is incredibly talented. A xar file is available in this thread: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...ors&highlight=.

I thank you very much for your all answers.

I get the file of "accessD" and I will analyse it...

If I may say you are a bit severe with ODdOnLifeItself : his opinion was interesting, and Blender is not a Xara competitor, it's another thing. I think the opinions on Xara musn't be a mask for others softs, as they can be complementary.

Thank you very much again
    Stéphane
    Graphisme, illustrations & Webdesign - France
    creavisa

Thanks, stephane_fr

I agree with you, that was way too much ado about nothing.

You asked for opinions about those 3D images, and that is exactly what I gave.

As you are the original poster, you are the best judge as to what was helpful or not. So, if you say it was not off-topic, then it was not.

Re: ...complementary

I couldn't agree with you more. Designer Pro and Blender are a match made in Heaven. Where either one is lacking, the other fills the bill!

Thank you for your wisdom!

Peace

James

well I wouldn't go so far as to say James was hijacking the thread myself, and yes his opinion is fine, aucun problème

but the blender image he posted actually means nothing at all unless some actual analysis is given, otherwise it is just 'flying a kite' as we say over here..
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...