Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Designer Pro 7 swf export still not all it should be. :-(

Well, I was on the fence about upgrading to DP7, There are some nice additions but nothing that really improves my life (for the price). I then tried the swf export for an animation project I'm working on and the Gradients actually worked (the same project in DP6 doesn't) This is a real life saver and saves me loads of time repairing stuff. I got all excited and upgraded believing the Flash export was fixed.

I was a bit premature. Coloured circles drawn with the circle tool and exported as swf STILL come in as white in Flash as per:
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...h-Every-Format

XARA. Please fix this asap. There is no work around - I can't draw perfect circles by hand, and mining symbols in Flash to change the colours is tedious, time consuming and a pointless waste of the users time.

Bah!

Default Re: Designer Pro 7 swf export still not all it should be. :-(

Whoops. I posted this in the wrong Forum. Could some kind moderator please move this to 'Dear Xara'?

il est fait
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks Steve

GAH!!!!
    The gradient issue isn't fixed either. I does seem to be a bit better when using grays rather than colours.
    In case anyone else runs into this the work around in Flash (CS3) is to select the imported gradient that is corrupt. Then go to the colour palette and select the overflow drop down and change it to something different and then back. That seems to sort it out so far.
    tedious and time consuming though :-(
    Last edited by Squeaky; 31 May 2011 at 05:24 PM. Reason: Flash export, gradients, basic shapes, quick shapes

Squeaky,

As I've said before there is nothing wrong with the export as swf feature. Open the swf in a browser and it renders correctly. You are trying to import a swf into Flash and you get mixed results. Yes you will. If you import a Flash created swf into Flash you will get the same/similar odd results because Flashes construction files are .fla's. You can't expect to import a swf into Flash and have it render correctly. In most cases it will do a good job but you've got to remember that swf's are Flash's output files. Xara swf output files render correctly, but trying to import swf's into Flash isn't going to be fool-proof, no more than importing Flash generated swf's into Flash is fool-proof.

Egg
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg:
    I'm going to have to disagree with you there. These are very basic features I am talking about that work in other apps (Anime studio, toonboom animate, Illustrator).
    Besides. I believe this is logged as a bug. I am just waving a flag here to let Xara know that at least one user would like this fixed.

Hi Squeaky,

Try importing the attached swf into Flash. What do you get compared to viewing it as a swf in a browser?
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Egg

Intel i7 - 4790K Quad Core + 16 GB Ram + NVIDIA Geforce GTX 1660 Graphics Card + MSI Optix Mag321 Curv monitor
    + Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD + 232 GB SSD + 250 GB SSD portable drive + ISP = BT + Web Hosting = TSO Host

Hi Egg good to see you

I cannot get that saved as swf only as attachment.php [probably doing something wrong - sorry]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

same here Egg