Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Exported changes not saved or published in WD 7

Exported changes not saved or published in WD 7. I have replicated this bug on two PC's. Once a page is saved/exported/published, further changes to the page are not exported/published. The preview works fine, but the changes are not published. I even deleted the files from the server and the local files and exported again and still the old version of the page is published in spite of any changes I made.

Default Re: Exported changes not saved or published in WD 7

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

SkippyG...

Just a thought .. have you hit F5 to refreash your brower? I have to do that often ....

Walt

Yes I tried refreshing everythng. But it seems to be working now. My changes are saving with only a browser refresh. They must have fixed it lol. Or it could have been an issue with my host server, But honestly I had the trouble all day until this past hour. Thank goodness. I really want this to work since it is the best platform I've found. Sorry if this was a false alarm.

Welcome to TalkGraphics SkippyG

Most web hosting companies cache your pages so if you have made recent changes you need to refresh the page (F5) to see the changes.

Also, one mistake many users make is to export your site as index.html and then forgetting to add the html the next time you publish. By default, Xara exports to .htm. If you have an index.htm and index.html, the browser will load the .html page, even if the .htm page is newer.

it would appear that the issue for SkippyG has resolved itself:

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...597#post404597

[there are now two threads on this forum by him on the same topic - perhaps they should be merged]
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...