Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thumbs up June 1 - Xara Xone Guest Tutorial - Automotive Paintjob Makeover - FREE!

The June 1 Xara Xone Guest Tutorial
    The June 1 Xara Xone

Miss Devious (Madalynne Crowe) really delivers the goods in this Guest Tutorial. And yes, the car may only be made of pixels and not Detroit sheet metal, but the effect is very real as well as very realistic.

Great job Madalynne!

Your comments, questions, and feedback are always welcome. These Guest Tutors put a tremendous amount of time into these tutorials and generously share their knowledge. And for the first comment, I will just add, I certainly learned a lot. Thanks Madalynne.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1-june-2011-promo.jpg 
Views:	355 
Size:	86.1 KB 
ID:	82107  

Red face Re: June 1 - Xara Xone Guest Tutorial - Automotive Paintjob Makeover - FREE!

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    ...for the first comment, I will just add, I certainly learned a lot. Thanks Madalynne.
    Wow! I honestly didn't expect that from you Gary, the master of tutorials from whom show us mere mortals how do what you do, Thank you & You're Very Welcome for the tut. I've always been happy to share my what I've learned. I'm blushing, I'm acutualy blushing. lol
    ~ Madalynne ~
    a.k.a.: M1SS D3V10US, a.k.a.: Sharkie

| My Facebook page | My TalkGraphics.com Albums | Xara Xone Guest Tutorial 98 |

Default Re: June 1 - Xara Xone Guest Tutorial - Automotive Paintjob Makeover - FREE!

Great tut, Madalynne. The paint looks terrific. Thanks also Gary for all your work in getting it out.

Default Re: June 1 - Xara Xone Guest Tutorial - Automotive Paintjob Makeover - FREE!

Thanks Gary. I'm looking forward to checking out the results of our members, both on this site and at Xara Users.
    ~ Madalynne ~

Nice tutorial. Your art rocks!

I admit I had a head start. But it was a really fun tutorial as well as a great learning experience.

The really cool trip is dragging the named body color into the Color Editor as suggested and then modifying the color. I went all over the Color Editor before settling on gold and black.

Name:	gary's car.jpg 
Views:	222 
Size:	51.3 KB 
ID:	82112  

Quote Originally Posted by jess_sayin View Post
    Nice tutorial. Your art rocks!
    Thanks Jessica!
    *HUGS*

I'd be happy to help you with Xara, if you have a desire to learn. I'm not sayin, I'm Jess Sayin - You know what I'm sayin? lol

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester View Post
    I admit I had a head start. But it was a really fun tutorial as well as a great learning experience.

The really cool trip is dragging the named body color into the Color Editor as suggested and then modifying the color. I went all over the Color Editor before settling on gold and black.
    It's one of the things I really enjoy about creating a color specific to be used for the colors of he car, it makes coming up with the best color a LOT EASIER to do - not to say anything about it be just being fun to play around with. lol

Great work on the color choice, although I would have selected a dark shade of gold - but that just me.
    ~ Madalynne ~

Great tutorial, the final result looks excellent.

One for the Ladies, maybe?!
    May I also say, "A great tutorial."
    Thanks to you and Gary for putting this together.

Name:	madalynn's car.jpg 
Views:	230 
Size:	88.3 KB 
ID:	82118  
    Last edited by Rik; 01 June 2011 at 02:49 PM. Reason: addition

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Thumbs up Re: June 1 - Xara Xone Guest Tutorial - Automotive Paintjob Makeover - FREE!

Thanks xtom, Thank you Pik.

@ Rik - Oh No You Didn't! The "Mary Kay" Special? Really?!? LOL It looks good.

Pink? Hey, whatever floats your boats. That would not have been my first choice - even for a girl, how about the color Peach and some different graphics? Yea, that could rock and still be feminine.

*giggles* ...pink
    ~ Madalynne ~