Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: export with "bmp" format with standard DPI headers

How many professionals require resolution in BMP?
    John.

precise resolution is the pixel size of the image Ron - you still haven't got that have you

dpi is just something you factor in for printing, it has nothing to do with what is contained within the image file - and if there is a tag in the file that says '300dpi' that's all it is, a tag

the 'photoshop' way of looking at it you espouse is in some ways a bit of a blinkered way of seeing it

anyhow the best advice is always to use what you are comfortable with - good luck

-------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

just trying to get my files to spec per my boss and the software he coded... He said maybe next year we can start using .png files which maybe will have less headaches for me.

Ron,

Have you tried the last XAR file I uploaded? Have you tried a test print? It will work as intended.

Take care, Mike

unfortunately, the reason why I need to use the .bmp's in this format is because the software we use arranges each order that comes in on pages, and it was coded by my boss. So I can't even print from xara.

Ron, I understand that.

Have you tried the template to create a BMP and then attempt to proof it on your boss' system/printer/whatever?

If so, does it print correctly? It will. Follow the directions in my last post with the latext XAR.

Take care, Mike

Hi,

As suggested , exporting to PNG and convert it in another software might be a good solution for your situation.

Xnview has a batch conversion tool so you can convert all your files at once while keeping your resolution definition, and it's free.

Marc

I just checked out Xnview. Thanks for the tips, EVERYONE. Seriously!

I will try to be more humble in the future, I truly thank every single one of you, especially the Dev for talking. That's usually a rare thing.