Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Setting up linked shades

I've gone through the help menu and have looked for tutorials on setting up linked shades, but just can't get the sequence down. I was going through this video,

http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...a-shiny-button

The step before he goes through the tutorial is he set up a named color, doesn't show how he did it. Can't figure out how to do it. Do I end up with two named colors 1) solid color 2) linked shades? Can't get the sequence down.

Default Re: Setting up linked shades

To create a named color open the Color Editor and make your color choice, to give it a name click the Yellow Tag near the top right of the Color Editor. Type in the name you want the color to have.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I was able to name a color, it is the linked shade I'm having a problem with.

From Help menu
    You can also create a Linked Shade that appears on the Color Line (so you can easily apply it to other objects). When you select to create a new Named Color you can choose to make this a linked 'Shade of another color'.

Some how I'm missing a step. I want to be able to change the color (and its shades) of an object automatically just using the color editor.

both the parent and child colors have to be named as per Bill's post

once you have done that you can select your child color click on the same yellow tab, tick the 'make colour a shade of' box and select the parent color from the drop down
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Okay thanks to both of you, I got it working, it was the creation of second color that was throwing me. For some reason I was thinking the shade was created as part of the first color.

keeping it a named color is the simple way - if you click on the button to the right of the yellow tab, at the bottom are more options which you can use where you can make tints and shades of a named color that are not named colors themselves ...
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...