Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Export list update

Hi,

Finding the proper extension format to export is a bit of a hassle in the giant drop down menu.
    Could it be possible to have them sorted in alphabetical order?

Maybe there's also one or two archaeological format that are not wildly used anymore.

I know it's good to have a great flexibility but I feel it's going a bit against the simplicity of the general UI design.

Regards,

Marc

Default Re: Export list update

Do you not think that the top ones on the list are the ones that you use most often? To be really truthful I sometimes have to look twice to find PDF when exporting but to have ArtWorks and Adobe up at the top would also be a pain.
    Design is thinking made visual.

Quote Originally Posted by coco View Post
    Finding the proper extension format to export is a bit of a hassle in the giant drop down menu.
    Simply open the drop-down list and on your keyboard press the letter the file type description starts with, eg; press 'F' for flash or 'A' for Adobe.
    Where there is more than one file type description starting with the same letter, just keep pressing that key until it moves to the next instance.

Hi Albacore, yes having commonly used formats on the top of the list is good.

Maybe some kind of separator afterward this bunch and then alphabetical sorting (by description or extension) for the rest would make some sense?

Marc
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Untitled1.jpg 
Views:	254 
Size:	149.5 KB 
ID:	60665  
    Last edited by MarcT; 08 May 2009 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Typo

Hi Sledger, I know that you could type a letter to get the extension, but I believe this is rather 'informed' usage'.

This struck me when I was teaching Xara to somebody, and as usual I was underlining the 'intuitiveness' and speed.
    When she complained about this behavior I had no explanation and it seemed indeed cryptic.

Marc

I would include PDF on the upper list, perhaps even more so than tiff.
    Sheff
    My Site

Minor issue to me, but I'd better vote for separations in the list, where extensions are grouped by vector and raster formats etc...
    Lead designer,
    MichelMour LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Sheff View Post
    I would include PDF on the upper list, perhaps even more so than tiff.
    Agreed, although I'd prefer to have them both in the upper list. If I had to choose between them, it would be pdf.

I certainly wouldn't want the list alphabetized from the top. That's visually overwhelming.
    I export to non-pdf vector formats so rarely that I really wouldn't want the list to be segregated into raster and vector.

Having the filetype default to the last used sufficiently fills that need for me when I am going to other vector formats. (It's also a feature I very much depend on. )

Sunshine Coast BC, Canada. In a beautiful part of BC's temperate rainforest

Maybe I'm asking for something that is not possible, but everyone seems to have different favorites that they would like at the top of the list, perhaps if there was a way for users to reorder the list to suit their preferences.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    My current Xara software: Designer Pro 365 12.6

Good Morning Sunshine.ca | Good Morning Sunshine Online(a weekly humorous publication created with XDP and exported as a web document) | Angelize Online resource shop | My Video Tutorials | My DropBox |
    Autocorrect: It can be your worst enema.

...or even that Xara remembers your most used file types?
    _ a bit sci-fi but it would be cool :-)