Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default HOW TO MAKE CUSTOMERS A USER DOMAIN....?

Can anybody help?

Selling PDFs online and I've been going about means of distributing and preventing them being duplicated.

Id like to create a user domain on my site, so the user can enter an email address of their own & password which takes them to their own page. And once they've paid for the pdf's they can only access it through this method...

Does anybody know how I go about setting this up? Any advice is much appreciated as TG has been extremely helpful to me recently, what with being a new developer & user of Xara.

Cheers
    James

Default Re: HOW TO MAKE CUSTOMERS A USER DOMAIN....?

James

I started to answer you a while back and my computer just shut down all by itself.

There should be scripts that you can find if you do a Google search.

Or you might consider a third party shopping cart solution such as ECWID http://www.ecwid.com/

Default Re: HOW TO MAKE CUSTOMERS A USER DOMAIN....?

Ye, Ive found scripts like Joomla and Pay Loads, and ive seen tutorial video's about Joomla which showed how to restrict access but no to the extend of only when a customer pays, then than can they access it.

Ive looked tha the ecwid for Xara, its a possible route I can take. I just want to be able to control the access to the PDFs as much as possibe to restrict customers from duplicating it or putting it on sites of their own.

Another route is using coffeecup and upon payment try to have an email sent to the customer with a password to access the file, of which a new password will need to be created automatically after each purchase. But once again Im unclear how to do this, and what software to purchase from coffee cup...as in all honesty I am still an ametur and just finished university, so if I spend out on new software I need to be 100% certain it can do what I want it to.

Cheers