Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

xdp6 Designer Pro 6 (German) - no Internet Connection

Since a couple of weeks my license of Designer Pro 6 is unable to connect to the Internet. Every time I open the program, T get an error message, that the program is not registered. If I try to register the program online, I got an error message that the program could not establish an Internet connection. When I try to update via the help menu I get a warning message, that Xara.com is unreachable.
    I tried to disable the windows firewall and the virus scan engine, but there was no difference. Even a new clean installation (after cleaning the registry with revo uninstaller) did not change the behavior.
    I use a Windows 7 x64 system with 6 GB Memory and a wired LAN based DSL connection with a Draytek 2710 modem router.
    Magix german support told me after I had to run a system inspection tool, that my system is short on memory - but thats not true (over 4GB is available).

What can I do?

Thank You in advance

Rüdiger

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara_Error_message1.png 
Views:	129 
Size:	8.8 KB 
ID:	82242
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Xara_Error_message2.png 
Views:	121 
Size:	9.0 KB 
ID:	82241

Default Re: Designer Pro 6 (German) - no Internet Connection

Welcome to TalkGraphics Rüdiger

This always worth a try. Close the program. Right click on the DP6 program icon and select Run as Administrator.

xdp6 Re: Designer Pro 6 (German) - no Internet Connection

Thank You for the warm welcome;

sorry, but your suggestion to run the program as an administrator doesn't make any difference to the error - but it was worth a try.

I've got some additional questions:

- Is it possible to contact the Xara support (not the german Magix support) directly, per Email or web page?

- Is there a direct download for the latest update of DP6 german?

Thank You in advance

Rüdiger

Default Re: Designer Pro 6 (German) - no Internet Connection

http://support.xara.com/

also - at the top right is a link to 'german support' , though whether that is Magix or xara I am not sure

you need to login to submit a support ticket, if you purchased from the site then you will have created an account then that you can use
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...