Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default Xara Designer Pro 7 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 7 are now available.

V7 has landed! We’ve just released the new versions of both Photo & Graphic Designer and Designer Pro.

You can find out what’s new on the Xara site @ http://www.xara.com/products/designer/whatsnew/ and Gary has already published a Workbook covering the new features @ http://www.xaraxone.com/webxealot/workbook89/

We hope you like it.

Many thanks
    The Xara Team

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 7 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 7 are now available.

I looked a Gary's summary and can't wait to start playing!
    Grace
    http://gracehjs.com/
    Xara Software XDP11

Default Re: Xara Designer Pro 7 and Xara Photo & Graphic Designer 7 are now available.

Hi,

Having trouble downloading. It gets to 73% and then stops. Won't allow me to delete that file and redownload - says the file is open. No idea how to close the file, nor how to get it working from the stuck failed download. All suggestions welcome.

A

PS I always get stuff like this. We live in the countryside and our connection is beyond pathetic. It would be quicker to walk to Gaddesden Place and get the software, I think.
    Last edited by Artyboots; 25 May 2011 at 04:01 PM.

For the last hour it's been stuck at 81%. Can't decide whether it is a dead download or whether it's worth still waiting.

I am in a loop here - if I cancel the download, I still can't get rid of the partially downloaded file, so no way to start afresh.

All ideas welcome.

A

The downloaded file gets saved to My Documents\MAGIX Downloads\Installationsmanager, go to this location and delete the partially downloaded file then re-run the Download Manager.

Might be better to download at a quieter time as well.

Congrats to all Xara Team. There´s a lot to like. The interface improvements are great -the Page&Layers gallery is now among the best i ever tried, snapping is amazing, edit inside groups a tremendous feature for advanced illustration, Live copies, smart object repeating, improved text anchored objects and flow WoW... Great release!

Gary,

You can't wait for something like this. It's too excitiing!

Pleased to report that I completely gave up, went and had dinner, and came back to find it had downloaded. It just needed the full three hours! Just been playing with it. I really don't know what to say about the new Magic Erase. It's absolutely astonishing. Brilliant. What an amazing time saver. And fun.

Now going to play with everything else

A

Hi,

Great improvements on the UI, live copy is a very welcomed feature!
    Upgrades on snapping are nice.

Thanks for supporting the light version of the UI, me no like dark.
    It's good that V6 shortcuts are usable.

Concerning live copies, it would make more sense to me if delete would just delete the instance
    Adding a popup to such a basic operation can become annoying.
    The flyout menu (or ctrl+delete) should be used rather to delete all instances.

Marc

And still another version without scanner support.