Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Noobie Xara Questions

OK I've been building with Xara Web Designer 7 Premium and Designer Pro 6 before that for a few months now and Ive run across a few obstacles I hope you can help me out with.
    First is there any way to manage or build sub-domains within Xara how would you go about it I.E. www.cityname.domainname.com

Second how can use use compression software with XARA to compress html,JS,etc files for faster response times

Third can you build a mobile XHTML site within XARA

Fourth is there anyway at all to ad H1 tags to content or is it completely left out

Lastly Thank you I know that this is allot but trust me I have been looking for answers for a while and have come up short.
    Last edited by covoxer; 24 May 2011 at 05:13 AM.

Default Re: Noobie Xara Questions

Welcome to TalkGraphics

1. You need to set this up with your web host. Then publish to that sub domain as you would to the main site. Basically, you set up a subfolder and publish to that sub folder. I have a commercial web hosting account that allows me to host 50 sites. So I create a new folder for each of my clients and then the web host redirects calls for the specific domain names to that folder. In my case each client has his own domain name, so it is a matter or redirecting the name servers from the registrar to my web hosts servers.

2. Not that I know of.

3. No. Not at this time and to be honest, I do not see a lot of interest in this at Xara. This could changed but I would not expect support for some time.

4. I am not sure you need head tags. You have a variety of meta tag options plus with Web Designer 7 you can now create a Site Map which is useful for search engines. Also the important thing is making sure your pages and site have useful and informative titles, that your site and pages have good descriptions, that you use the right keywords that your visitors are looking for, and finally that all of these are paid off by copy on your website that relates to and that repeats the keywords, description, titles etc.

I am always amazed when I visit a website and the tab in my browser reads, index.htm. This is a wasted opportunity. The better you organize your site and your site meta information, the better your chances of being discovered and ranked by the search engines.

Hope this helps.

Default Re: Noobie Xara Questions

Header tags and bold larger point text are regarded equally by Google. http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...&t=912&start=0

And if you really insist on adding header tags, see: http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...&t=393&start=0
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64