Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: Flash & Layers

Lightbulb Flash & Layers

Hi,

Can a flash File be placed on a layer then another layer that has a mask shape cover portions of the flash so when it plays the uncovered portion only will show in a web site?

If yes please link me to an example of this (if you know of a link).

My idea to to create a rectangular flash with a moving pattern covering it on a top layer, and only reveal a thin portion of the original flash.

Thanks,

Default Re: Flash & Layers

John

Mouse over the last thumbnail on this page http://gwpriester.com/vector-Illustration.html (the one that says Flash Animation). The Flash file is on a separate layer (as are all the larger images) and where necessary, a rectangle with the background fill is placed behind the image or animation to screen out the matter below.

Below that last thumbnail flash says that it was used in a July 2007 tutorial.
    EDIT: Found it. Nevermind.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

very interesting concept.. Will have to play with this! Wonder if the option to loop would work with a video hosted on youtube?
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

The video in that link IS hosted at YouTube :-)
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Yes. I noticed. If you click the video it does take you to the youtube page like normal.

I was wondering if the normal flash object <param name="loop" value="true"> would work with a video that is hosted at youtube? Or if their wrapper would stop repeating of the flash file?
    -Samantha