Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD 7 Where is the Live Effect tool?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got Web Designer 7 Premium last week and quickly realized that it is missing the live effect tool that WD6 had. Is it gone for good or is it just me.... PLEASE HELP

Default Re: WD 7 Where is the Live Effect tool?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Web Designer 7 Premium is not an upgrade to Designer Pro 6 it is an upgrade to Web Designer 6, which didn't have the Live Effect tool either as the Web Designer family do not have Live Effects.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Doesn't have it. But it's a very good, fast-to-use drawing program -- for bitmaps, just keep Photoshop or Paint Shop Pro open, paste back and forth. Or Save from the bitmap editor and Import to WD7. This actually -- for me -- works better than Live Effects, where Xara opens the editor and you go back to Xara after making changes. There's something about that I don't like...

If you've got PS or PSP yeah, if not it's best to go for Designer Pro I reckon. Everything within one program at a fraction of the price.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Also, WD7 doesn't let me make brushes ... but it can open .xar files with brushes, and then, when I start a new WD7 page, those brushes are available. As for drawing tools, WD7 has a lot. The only Xara 5 tool that seems to be missing is Contour (I don't have Xara 6). And the WD7 Bevel tool does -- for me -- pretty much waht the Contour tool did anyway. Cneal007, it's a good program -- keep messing with it, give it a fair shot. It's so fast and easy to use...