Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Web Designer 7 Premium Visual c++ Abnormal Program Termination

I've been using WD for several years. I have also been using WD7 Premium since it came out. On my work laptop, I started getting this message every time I tried to run the program:
    Runtime error!

Program ...s (x86)\Xara\Xara Web Designer 7
    Premium\WebDesigner.exe

abnormal program termination

I re-downloaded and reinstalled WD7. I downloaded and re-installed the Visual C++ x86 and x64 runtime libraries (2010 and 2008, respectively). I've opened a ticket with Xara support, but no response yet.

I've got a lot of stuff on this laptop, so I'd hate to have to reinstall from scratch -- I don't see any new threads about this, so I'm assuming this is something unique or nearly unique to me. I'm running 64 bit Windows 7 Home Premium.

Thanks for any tips.

Default Re: Web Designer 7 Premium Visual c++ Abnormal Program Termination

That really sucks. Xara will get back, they are not over staffed which is one of the reasons for this forum. But I don't have any advice except the old right click on the program icon and select Run as Administrator. This sometimes cures a multitude of ills. You only need do it one time. It will either work or it won't.

You might search the Xara Support Site and see if they have this listed in their FAQs.