Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How To: Identify font from artwork

Hi
    I have coreldraw x5 with sp2
    I want to easily find font from artwork. how to match with my existing fonts. i have more than 5000 fonts in my database. corel font navigator is not enogh.

ThankYou
    IP

Default Re: How To: Identify font from artwork

Hi Texdesigner—

Well, first of all, I think most of us can conclude that Panose font matching is a waste of time; this is a problem with folks who design the typefaces, who don't bother to add matching information, and not the problem of Panose, per se.

I suggest that you use What the Font: CorelDRAW X5 has a utility for this express purpose. You screen capture an example of the font, send the bitmap to What The Font, follow the brief parameter steps, and What The Font usually accurately identifies the example typeface.

My Best,

Gary
    IP

Hi Gary,

Thankyou very much for your reply.
    What the font site is just ok. but designers need accurate font identification from his own database.
    I like you to test following demo tools:
    Font match: http://www.stretchedout.com/products.../fontmatch.php
    Font matching tool: http://www.lanmisoft.com/fontmatchingtool.htm
    IP

I'm sure the software is fine.

I've been speccing type for almost 35 years professionally, so I have little reason to try new font identification software, thanks, though.

Actually, I was asked to step into this area of the TG forum because I author the CorelDRAW Official Guide, in addition to being a Xara-ist.

I will try to address some of the unanswered questions here on this area, but I really can't afford to get into deep discussions about specialized software, and hope folks here understand!

My Best,

Gary
    IP