Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I noticed when I downloaded the Xara Menu Maker that it kept saying something about Dreamweaver extensions. I have the Dreamweaver program and I am just wondering what Xara has to do with the Dreamweaver program?

I put this question on another thread but realized I should probably start a new topic but it wouldnt let me delete the other message, so please excuse that I have this question in two places

Claudia

That comment was a gross simplification! Wordpad can be a 'page building' tool but it is not really a 'design' tool. It is a bit like saying "a hammer is a design tool".

Most of us here use a graphics tool like XaraX to prepare the 'design' - the layout, colours, furniture etc, and then *may* use Dreamweaver to implement the design. I use DW and Textpad but I would not like to do it all in a text editor.

A tool like Xara Menu Maker or Fireworks is a hybrid tool in that you can 'design' buttons and then 'build' them too, adding the generated code to the page built in the tool of your choice.

I'm not sure this helps Claudia either but it is an attempt to sort out some language...

www.bricksandbrass.co.uk
    Simon
    ------------------------------
    www.tlaconsultancy.co.uk
    www.bricksandbrass.co.uk

Hi Claudia

>I have the Dreamweaver program and I am just wondering what Xara has to do with the Dreamweaver program?

Xara produce a "DreamWeaver Extension" which basically enables you to insert and edit Xara items from within DW.

Try downloading xaradwext.exe from Xara.com.
    This allows Dreamweaver to interact with Xara.good luck.
    Norman. The Flying Scotsman