Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I've read some other threads that mention the fact that Menumaker's menu's won't work with Opera 7. The problem seems to be the browser sniffer in the xaramenu.js file. When it detects Opera as the browser it treats the browser as Netscape 4. It should be a simple matter to rewrite that code to tell it to treat the browser as IE6 (or 5, which seems to be as high as Xara goes...). It should be a simple matter for someone who can program in javascript. Unfortunately I know just enough to be dangerous, and my attempts failed. If someone is conversant in javascript, however (and is still using an automatic menu program, and thus reading this) they should be able to solve the problem. If anyone does, I would appreciate hearing about it here.

Regards,

Anthony

Hopefully they look into this issue.

So far what I have found (based on your tip )
    Is

Open the file
    xaramenu.js and search for Opera
    Then change the item right after that
    NS4=1
    Make that
    IE5=1

I still don't really know what the Opera browser fake out will do but this kinda works.

There is still something wrong that I have not figured out (images are missing) but the menus will work. So its a step in the right direction.

Edit -- It seems Opera gets the wrong path for the images - I don't know why.
    Putting the images in the "special" place for Opera works.

[This message was edited by FlyinV on January 06, 2004 at 20:48.]

That answers a question for me, spent half the morning wondering why everything was in fine in IE, Mozilla and not Opera - I said before I think they got this out before it was ready

I get javascript errors only in opera not ie6 or nav7.... no show album... too bad for me..

file://localhost/C:/XXXXXXXXXX_Album_files/xaramenu.js
    Inline script thread
    Error:
    name: DOMException

Inline script thread
    Error:
    name: DOMException

file://localhost/C:/XXXXXXXX_Album.html
    Javascript URL thread: "javascript:xara_show(slotnum);"
    Error:
    name: ReferenceError
    message: Statement on line 1: Reference to undefined variable: No such variable 'slotnum'
    Backtrace:
    In unknown script
    xara_show(slotnum);