Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: DesignStop.com

Ross, I've tried to use the link you have at the bottom of your posts to visit DesignStop.com, but have been unable to get there each time.

Here's what happens when I click on the link.

First it takes forever to load, and when it finally does, I get your introduction page and then it instantly re-boots my computer as if it was shut down improperly. Like you just flick off the power switch on the CPU without shutting things down first.

Do you know what could be causing this? I've tried it a number of times with the same results.

Thanks,

Jack

Ross, I've tried to use the link you have at the bottom of your posts to visit DesignStop.com, but have been unable to get there each time.

Here's what happens when I click on the link.

First it takes forever to load, and when it finally does, I get your introduction page and then it instantly re-boots my computer as if it was shut down improperly. Like you just flick off the power switch on the CPU without shutting things down first.

Do you know what could be causing this? I've tried it a number of times with the same results.

Thanks,

Jack

Perhaps you were automatically redirected to "ComputerStop.com" [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Sorry, Ross I couldn't resist [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Kindly,
    ivan

Thanks ivan for my first laugh of the day.

Mickie

Prince Edward Island, Canada --- The land of lawn tractors

Old Dog - your situation is not so funny. It works fine for me. The page has some javascript on it - nothing that should crash a computer. The site gets 300 to 400 visitors a day. Until now I've never heard of anyone having the problems you are. What browser software do you use?

Regards, Ross

<a href=http://www.designstop.com/>DesignStop.Com</a>

Jack,

what kind of browser are you using ???
    Something rather old, like Netscape 3.x ??

Try turning off JavaScript AND Java and visit the site again.

I looked at the source code and I suspect that the sounds cause the problems. It's an ActiveX control and they sometimes behave strange on non-MS browsers.

If you actually DO use Internet Explorer, your sound system may not be configured properly or at least the application used for Ross' sounds may be faulty/missing. Thus, when the website tries to start the respective application, the computer crashes. Can you play regular .wav files ??
    Some of the files in the What does your voice sound like? thread are WAVs. For instance Dan Fournier's and Crow Haven's. Do they work on your PC ??

Ross: I would not use ActiveX controls anyway. They may work on IE4+, but they cause problems with other browsers / on other platforms. At best they just don't work, but the effects are never predictible.
    Do you really need those sounds ??

Wolfgang

I just went there, no problem. I have IE 5.5, fully loaded [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img] browser. If you are using an older version, perhaps you should consider upgrading??? IE 5.5 is quite nice. Never had any problems with it. I hear that 6.0 is buggy still. So I'll wait. By the time they release 6.5 I will get 6.0 [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Can't stand Netscrape and I use Opera (6.0)sometimes and it likes Ross' site too!!

Hope you get this resolved [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_eek.gif[/img]

RAMWolff [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif[/img]
    Richard

---Wolff On The Prowl---

that responded, thanks!

I've go Internet Explorer 6.0, and to date haven't had any trouble with it.

I can play .wav files and everything else I've tried. I'm going to try and go to the site, not from the link, and see what happens.

I'll let you know...

Thanks again,

Jack

I can go there from my browser, but if I try and go from the link.... Crashoooo!

Don't know why!

Jack

I have no sounds on my machine.
    I tried with Opera 6 and Netscape 4.75 without problems. But with IE bundled in my Win2K PRO SP2 I get this message (sorry for the french language).

Kindly,
    ivan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	probs.jpg 
Views:	389 
Size:	26.1 KB 
ID:	10065