Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweakset for Web Designer 7 Premium

lemuel - Do you use any Xara products? Your profile lists none so your response seems odd considering.

Hi,

I'm thinking of upgrading to web designer MX Premium 8 and I currently use the tweaks on my web designer 7 premium. Are these tweaks available as standard inside MX8 premium, as i'm afraid if I upgrade i'll lose the ability to use them.

Thanks,

Ian.

All the tweaks should work in WDMX

Hey Covoxer

I love the web designer tweakset, xara is annoying because there are so many advanced features that make beautiful producs fast but it lacks many of the simplist functions that come in basic products like front page. Your tweakset got me half way to want I want to do in Xara... I wanted to use a 1900x1200 image which is aligned to the top left and doesn't scroll with the main page still centered.

If I use the "Do not scroll background" it doesn't scroll but my image doesn't start from the top left. If I use the "static background" my image is at the top left but it scrolls. Any advise on how to achieve this please?

If not its back to microsoft front page again lol!?!?!

I think I'd try really hard to find a solution before I ran back to FP, LOL
    If someone tried to make me dig my own grave I would say No.
    They're going to kill me anyway and I'd love to die the way I lived:
    Avoiding Manual Labour.

Does anyone know what's the situation with the tweakset and WD 9 Premium?

Thanks
    Yaffa

The tweakset's dynamic page template has enabled me to use Pulse CMS in a Xara Web Designer 8 MX, the dynamic elements lengthen the page nicely and push down the footer content when more CMS content is added. It has also encouraged me to learn how to style the dynamic placeholders with CSS3 drop shadows and rounded corners, which really smartens things up when viewed in a modern browser. Now I was all set to start a small website project, happy I had mastered enough to build a simple CMS friendly site when something nasty crossed my mind, if JavaScript is disabled by the viewer, then the dynamic page elements are disabled and everything overlaps. Should I worry about this too much, as I have read only a small percentage of people disable JavaScript? I am inclined to press on, as a random test of other websites out there seemed to break their layout / functionality more often than not, so everybody else is at it! I would love anybody's thoughts on this. Also could the dynamic page workaround be achieved without JavaScript? All I intend to do with the CMS is create a blog and editable areas on page which the website owner can easily update. The only other solution would perhaps be to resort to iframes, but all the purists out there seem to think they are bad. I would perhaps agree normally, but the site I am building is for a society which is largely self promoting, so SEO isn't a massive priority.

Thanks
    Steve

Default Re: [tweaks] The tweakset for Web Designer 7 Premium and Designer Pro 7

Quote Originally Posted by covoxer View Post
    The tweakset is updated for WD7P. It contains some new tweaks. All tweaks were remade for WD7P.
    Use this tweakset with WD7P or DP7.

Unpack archive and open "manual.htm" for detailed information.

All questions and suggestions are welcome.

Tweakset version for XWD6, and Designer Pro 6 can be found here: http://www.talkgraphics.com/showthre...kset-for-XWD-6
    Tweakset version for XWD5, Xtreme5 and Xtreme Pro 5 can be found here: http://talkgraphics.com/showthread.php?t=37550
    Hey John, I'm very new to the Xara software. I have version 8 and I was looking for a way to make the background stay fixed, while the rest of the page can scroll up and down. would you be able to help me please? I saw the threads on the tweaksets for versions 5, 6 and 7, but I don't see anything for 8.

Would be greatly appreciated!

Somebody posed this question before, but I can't find an answer and I have the same question:
    Does anyone know what's the situation with the tweakset and WD 9 Premium?
    It appears that the tweaks 'do not tile background' and 'do not scroll background' suddenly don't work anymore in WD 9 Premium. I just modified some of my older sites in WD 9 Premium, but now wish I hadn't done that.
    Can anyone help me how to get the tweaks back?

Quote Originally Posted by Sampie View Post
    It appears that the tweaks 'do not tile background' and 'do not scroll background' suddenly don't work anymore in WD 9 Premium. I just modified some of my older sites in WD 9 Premium, but now wish I hadn't done that.
    You don't need those two tweaks any more as the background options are now built into the application.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Clipboard01.jpg 
Views:	427 
Size:	22.9 KB 
ID:	98002

Other tweaks work in all versions and can be added in the same way they were added in early versions to the Designs gallery