Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default How to: Scale with Image

Hi
    My one of the coreldraw (Version x5) file have many lines and various line thickness
    ( maybe 30 or more ).
    How to give [B]Scale with image[B] Option to all lines.
    Select

Thankyou...
    IP

Default Re: How to: Scale with Image

I have tried grouping objects with no success.

If you need to scale all the lines, you're going to have to asign them this attribute in the Outline Pen box one at a time.

This would be a good feature request for CorelDRAW X6 if you write to them!

My Best,

Gary
    IP

You could also try the find and replace tool -

I have it in X3, you should be able to find it from the "edit menu" unless they have moved it somewhere else in X5, but I doubt it.

Edit>Find and Replace Objects>Replace Objects>Replace oultine pen properties, then make your choice in the Replace Wizard. I often use it to batch change colours, but you can also do a few other tricks in there. Have a go, and post back if it works or not, it will interesting to hear.

Cheers - George
    IP

That's an excellent, inventive solution!

Thanks for sharing!

My Best,

Gare
    IP

I'm glad you like it Gare, never knew it was there myself till I ran into sometime back, found it more than useful. I think it is a marvellous tool to say the least.

Stay Well - George
    IP

Well, texdesigner has another question posted in a different thread on how to convert all the RGB color tagged objects in a composition to PANTONE equivalents (I'm guessing equivalents) and I think either search and replace is the answer once again, or creating some sort of VBA script.

You don't by any chance have more experience with VBA than I do, would you? (Hint: I have zip).

My Best,

Gary
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by Gare View Post
    Well, texdesigner has another question posted in a different thread on how to convert all the RGB color tagged objects in a composition to PANTONE equivalents (I'm guessing equivalents) and I think either search and replace is the answer once again, or creating some sort of VBA script.

You don't by any chance have more experience with VBA than I do, would you? (Hint: I have zip).

My Best,

Gary
    I presume you mean the one below?

How to: change all colours to pantone

Hi
    I have coreldraw x5 with sp2
    I want to change all colours in my document as PANTONE for printing purpose
    How to change it
    Any macro (Gms) available...

I see yes,

I assume he is after converting certain colours from whatever they may be to spots, so he can get on with his silkscreen separations. Not so sure about using the tool in mention, but possibly could. It will depend how intricate the artwork is, sometimes you have to spread/trap certain areas to overlap another colour. How do we know what is involved, are they all solids, are there any blending tints involved and so on? What I do know, is that everybody wants everything done as soon as possible, but I for one, would take a bit more care in handling the situation, VBA scripts or not. From an outsiders position, I would drag the required colours to where they are needed from the spot palette, and if need be, make sure there is an overprint where required. I hope this makes sense. I always like to look at things from a practical point of view as well.

Regards - George
    IP

Thanks george.
    its working well.
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by texdesigner.raj View Post
    Thanks george.
    its working well.
    Hi Raj

I'm glad to hear all is going well, my granny always told me - sometimes you have to go slow to get things right

George
    IP