Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Unhappy Help centering logo for transition

OK! I started using a transitional template on Weebly...everything else centers perfectly except my logo which travels off the right side of the page on a standard screen monitor only...widescreen is beautiful. I have extremely limited knowledge of html and css. So the changes I have tried were just tinkering, when something did not work I just put it back to the way it was. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

Default Re: Help centering logo for transition

A link to your site would have help because it is hard to tell whether you other code may be affecting the positioning of the logo via the CSS. Centering anything requires that you have a width for the object/container that is less than 100%. No absolute positioning properties being used. Then you can center with: margin: 0 auto; For your logo, you will have a width/height for the container to wrap the image. You might be able to just add the margin property to its CSS and remove any positioning property being used for it, if any.

Quote Originally Posted by PayneLess View Post
    A link to your site would have help because it is hard to tell whether you other code may be affecting the positioning of the logo via the CSS. Centering anything requires that you have a width for the object/container that is less than 100%. No absolute positioning properties being used. Then you can center with: margin: 0 auto; For your logo, you will have a width/height for the container to wrap the image. You might be able to just add the margin property to its CSS and remove any positioning property being used for it, if any.

Sorry, wasn't sure if it was ok to post link. Since it is an ecommerce business, rather not post publicly.

Good thinking. Posting a link to an e-commerce site for a new user will get you banned as a spammer.

Quote Originally Posted by gwpriester
    Re: Help centering logo for transition

Good thinking. Posting a link to an e-commerce site for a new user will get you banned as a spammer.
    That's a little too much to ban someone providing a link to get help. I moderate two forums and participate in many more, and links to problem sites are wanted so we can actually analyze the code to find the problem. It's hard to help someone without seeing the code and posting the code here does not always help because most links and paths are relative paths. Maybe just close this section of the forum if links are not allowed.

@Skullcrusher: Soory. Will not be able to help you without guessing. Maybe try to post the relavent code for the CSS and HTML parts that are affected. Will do my best to help.