Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Help with plugins please

Hi everyone, i'm having a problem with my plugins. I'm using psp9 and x3 and the problem is on both programs. I’m using windows 7, 64bit. I have IE 8. When I try to use muras or zero, my screen turns white then a box pops up and says paint shop pro has stopped working. Windows will try to find a solution. After it searches for a solution I get another box that says a problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available. I have all the dlls needed installed into my syswow folder. I’ve tried to fix it with fmpatcher with no luck, i've gone to corel website and got the patches of course that didn't work either. Does anyone have any idea what could be causing this and if there is a way to fix it? I appreciate any help anyone can offer me.
    IP

Default Re: Help with plugins please

I assume that your plugins are filed in the correct Plugins folder in My PSP Files and linked via File>Preferences>File Locations.

It's a long time since I have used PSP9, so am not sure if that is ok on a Windows 7 machine.
    X3 should be fine.
    One thing you can try in X3 is to first make sure the plugins are in the right place, then save your current Workspace:
    Customize>Workspaces>Save. Un-tick 'Include open images'.
    The close X3.
    Re-start it, holding the Shift key down until you get a message telling you the program will restart with the default settings. You can let go of the Shift key by then :-)
    Click OK, then check if your plugins work.
    Then re-load your saved workspace. I find this a great cure-all for when a file is corrupted, it clears the deck.

Good luck.

Grenou
    IP

Thanks Grenou, your the only one who responded to my problem. Unfortunately your suggestion didn't help.
    I have no idea why some plugins won't work on windows 7. I do appreciate your help.
    Elaine
    IP

Quote Originally Posted by nefrateari View Post
    Thanks Grenou, your the only one who responded to my problem. Unfortunately your suggestion didn't help.
    I have no idea why some plugins won't work on windows 7. I do appreciate your help.
    Elaine
    How about we start with what plugins don't work? (then I can look at mine) Are these plugins that came with PSP9? If not, have you contacted the maker? If so, have you contacted Corel? -Tom aka Hwy101 (PSPx3, Win7)
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP

Elaine
    Some plugins haven't been updated by the people who write them and will no longer work.
    You might get more information here:
    http://thepluginsite.com/
    There is a forum, I don't know how active it is, but always worth a try.
    :-)
    Grenou
    IP

Off the top of my head right now it's only mura's that won't work. I was able to use fmpatcher on zero so that is working now. These are not plugins that came with psp9 or x3.
    I installed these myself. I think it's something to do with windows 7. I had vista before this and had no prolems with my plugins working. Thanks for replying.
    Elaine
    IP

I’m using windows 7, 64bit.
    PSP9 and PSPPX3 are both 32-bit applications. Even though 32-bit programs will run under WIN7-64, some don't run well. The Corel versions of Paint Shop Pro have had memory management problems, at least with some NVIDIA video cards. I very seldom open PSPPX3 anymore because of that very headache. Sometimes it works reasonably well. Other times it hangs or crashes.

Bob

Xara Designer Pro X10; PaintShop Pro X7; Perfect Photo Suite 8; DxO Optics Pro 9.5; Olympus OM-5 E-M5; Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit; 3.40 gigahertz Intel Core i7-3770; 16 GB RAM; AMD Radeon HD 7770.
    IP

I have PSPPX3 -Works real well for me (Sony VAIO, Win7, 64 bit) -What version do you have? My PSPPX3 is: vers 13.2.0.35
    Tom - Hwy101
    IP