Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default purchase Xara question

I know the DP7 is coming later in the year but i would like to use the new features that are in the new WD7...... Can I downgrade from DP6 to WD7 and flip between the 2 programes...... I know it will cost me £30 but dont wana wait till DP7 comes out .....or is there a way to get some of the new widgets to work in DP6....after all its is your most expencive program for web design .....maybe a deal so when I upgrade to DP7 when it comes out I would get a refund of £30.......just a thought. ha ha

Thanks
    Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Default Re: purchase Xara question

Mike, I - mistakenly - purchased WD7 thinking it was an upgrade to the D6 Pro I have been using since it came out. Sent Xara a ticket about upgrading to D7 when it comes out and heard nothing back from them so don't hold your breath.

I opened WD7, looked around and found nothing I needed that I don't already have in D6 Pro and D6 has all of the graphics tools that WD7 doesn't have - maybe a few extra templates or widgets but I can do without them. Haven't opened it since.

IMHO, I see no reason why Xara would even come out with an upgrade to WD6 since virtually all - plus a lot more - is already in D6. In short, I paid $99.00usd for WD6 and consider it a total waste of money. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Yes I am starting to think the same way ........ would have thought that Xara would have got the best product out first then strip out some of the features to be sold at a lower price.....but I'm not in the sofware business.
    I did like the feature to look at the online folders and able to delete....... i have to go off to dreamweaver to do it at the min.

Mike
    Life's too important to be serious
    Intel (R) Core (TM) i5-2400 CPU @ 3.10GHz 3.10 GHz / 8 GB RAM / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 Ti
    / Dual Monitor. / Windows 7 Home premium 64bit .

Why not go with the WD7 trial. D7 might appear before it expires.

I'll never understand why people buy things, only to be dissappointed, when they could try before they buy for 30 days.