Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Layers - still :)

I have been working away on my site, putting text, graphics, pictures, etc on the page and have noticed that instead of all this good stuff being on layer 1, some are showing up under "mouse down", some under "mouse over" and some under "mouse off" - all things that I thought had to do with nav bars.

Is this a problem? I have tried to get everything except nav bars under layer 1 but I have found that some of these things I can drag and drop under layer 1 and some I can't.

Tks - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

Default Re: Layers - still :)

Layers are not always easy. I have found the best way to move objects is by selecting a one object at a time, cutting it to the clipboard and pasting it onto the mouse off layer. You still have not updated your profile so I have no idea which product you are using so it makes it hard to address your precise issues.

Please do that when you get a chance. Click on My Profile at the top of the screen and edit your software.

Sorry, Gary - I have most all the Xara programs but use D6 Pro most all the time.

Should most of the text, graphics, etc., one puts on a page be under the mouse off layer or layer 1? - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com

Jeb the Mouse Off layer for use when creating a web page is the same as Layer 1 when creating a graphics centric project. It is unusual to have both in the same project although it can be done but to what purpose?

If you have set in the General Options that Document is intended to be a Website the Mouse Off layer will be created by default.

I prefer to use Web Designer for websites and Designer Pro for graphics so I have that option turned off in DP6.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dp6-options.png 
Views:	81 
Size:	15.4 KB 
ID:	81584  
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Tks, Bill - I just started to learn about layer last week, at least learning more that the moving objects backwards and forwards as I have done in XX5 and D6 in the past. I selected one of the nav bar templates and when I added it the mouseover and mouseoff and layer 1 were there. When I clicked on the mouse ones the only thing that came up was the nav bar so I assume that is where they came from.

I now have a mousedown layer - don't know where it came from and, as I recall, it was not there for over the week I have been working on the site.

I have certainly found what Gary means by, "Layers are not always easy. This turning them on or turning them off and mouseover, etc can create some interesting troubleshooting when things don't work as expected. - jb
    - jb

www.brownpotters.com