Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Updating Repeating Objects - Want updating on some pages - Not ALL.

Have WD7Premium Windows.

I have a group of "text and images" on my main page to do some secondary site navigation with...each picture and text clip is a link to another site page.

These pictures and text links were grouped together for convenience in positioning once... and then repeated on all pages. I had to manually delete it off 12 pages because I only wanted it on some specific pages of the site.

Problem: I had to correct a link in the group. So I un-grouped the collection and fixed the link...and then regrouped again. I lost my linkage to update across the site it seems.

Now it wants me to repeat it on all pages. I Dont want to. I just want to update the change on the 3 pages that it is on...BUT...since I un-grouped it... and then regrouped it...it seems like the ability to update across the site was broken. How could I fix this behavior in the future?

It seems like I saw a function once called "update repeating" ...but now... all I can find is "Update Repeating on ALL pages" I Dont want that. I just want to update the change on the 3 pages that it is found on.

Thanks

Suzzie

Default Re: Updating Repeating Objects - Want updating on some pages - Not ALL.

Probably don't group them except to get them into position then ungroup before you Repeat on all pages.

Once you have a repeating object in WD7 Premium, it will automatically update all instances when you make a change unless you specify stop updating (current page or all pages)

Basically it sounds like you have had a "learning experience".