Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Why am i constantly getting "Invalid Pathname" error?

The most common cause of the message is the file that was saved and the program is attempting to reload on startup has been moved or deleted, it also could have been renamed.

The full path (including filename) is stored in the registry when the program is closed. So any changes made to the path or filename will result in the "Invalid Pathname" error when the program is started again and attempts to reload the files that it knew about when closed.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    The most common cause of the message is the file that was saved and the program is attempting to reload on startup has been moved or deleted, it also could have been renamed.

The full path (including filename) is stored in the registry when the program is closed. So any changes made to the path or filename will result in the "Invalid Pathname" error when the program is started again and attempts to reload the files that it knew about when closed.
    Nope, i just did a few tests:

TEST1: Created a new file, edited it, saved it, and then closed Xara. Then i removed the file from the directory, and opened up Xara. I got a different kind of error saying "An error occured (file doesnt exist) when opening the file path\path\path\file.xar". Thats not the error message i'm talking about.

TEST2: Created a new file, edited it, and just closed xara without saving the file. Removed the file from the directory, and opened up xara. File loaded normally, which is understandable, since it loads up from its backup folder...

TEST3: soooo i move on to the backup folder. Same deal, i create a new file, edit it, and close xara without saving the file. Removed the original file from the directory, and ALSO deleted everything from the backup directory (AppData\Local\Xara\XtremePro\6.1\Backups). The result? Nothing lol. Xara just opened up with a blank new document. No error messages or anything.

OK

How about this.

If you are running Vista or Windows 7 go to the C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Xara\WebDesigner\6.0\Backups folder. Use the version of Xara application you are using.

Find the latest OpenDocList_?????????.txt file. The questions marks will be a number and some text for the version of the program you are using.

This will give the full filename and the pathname of the files to restore.

See if there is a file or path that is not correct.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    OK

How about this.

If you are running Vista or Windows 7 go to the C:\Users\yourusername\AppData\Local\Xara\WebDesigner\6.0\Backups folder. Use the version of Xara application you are using.

Find the latest OpenDocList_?????????.txt file. The questions marks will be a number and some text for the version of the program you are using.

This will give the full filename and the pathname of the files to restore.

See if there is a file or path that is not correct.
    Sure. I'll just have to wait until i get to the same message again. I'll report back when it happens! Thanks!