Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question What did I 'Not' do?

Okay, I wanted to place some Stars (my stars) along part of a Circle - I made a Brush of both a single 'Star' & and another of a Group of Stars (to maintain spacing as recommended by Help) - I have have mixed results. when I did the Groups of Stars as the Line, I got straight lines of Stars, tangent to the Cricle (guessing 11 Stars is too big for the circle). Using the Stars as the Line of the Circle, Too many Stars. I just want 'em on either side of the Project, not all around the Circle...

Than I tried using 'a' Star along a Path (arc of Circle) -got good spacing [surprise] but when I went to 'Smooth' the Arc I made Freehand, things when Crazy!

So, what am I doing wrong or not doing to get My Stars along a Arc (part) of a Circle? Hoping that I don't have to Place them individually, 1 by 1...
    (wish I could have figured how to attached the .xar file)<sigh> Tom aka Hwy101

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	11-Stars-PNG.png 
Views:	182 
Size:	63.7 KB 
ID:	81478
    http://www.talkgraphics.com/images/s...isc/pencil.png
    Last edited by Hwy101; 04 May 2011 at 10:51 PM. Reason: forgot something
    Tom - Hwy101

Default Re: What did I 'Not' do?

you could try using a blend of two identical stars fitted to a curve[path] instead of a brush; xara brushes are not straightforward

attaching the XAR file should be the same as the image you posted - did it fail? - how big is the XAR file?
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

A single star made into a brush with the size and spacing adjusted can get the result you are looking for.

If I have understood what you are looking for, that is?!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	star.png 
Views:	131 
Size:	10.0 KB 
ID:	81479  
    Attached Files Attached Files

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

You can apply stars to a circle and adjust the spacing. Then convert the line to a shape and ungroup. This will free the stars, and you can work on them separately.

Rich

Thumbs up Re: What did I 'Not' do?

Quote Originally Posted by handrawn View Post
    you could try using a blend of two identical stars fitted to a curve[path] instead of a brush; xara brushes are not straightforward

attaching the XAR file should be the same as the image you posted - did it fail? - how big is the XAR file?
    I will try the Blend -never done that- Attaching the .xar file - the '.xar' did not show, choices were: jpg, phg, gif -didn't offer the 'http:' dialog either... The file sizes were: 11-Stars -50 KB & WIP File-22 KB - I just not good at the uploading to a place & then knowing what to place here for it to show... Sorry.
    Last edited by Hwy101; 05 May 2011 at 03:54 AM. Reason: Forgot the File Sizes...
    Tom - Hwy101

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    A single star made into a brush with the size and spacing adjusted can get the result you are looking for.

If I have understood what you are looking for, that is?!
    That sure looks like it Rik! Are those stars from Wingdings? Person I am doing for has this non-pointy star... Can I edit the Brush to use the Star I have? Is there a Tut for making a Brush? Or, maybe I can Learn it from looking at Your Brush (Thank You for the the Brush!) Now to see if I can 'Tweek' it (touch bigger) or maybe I can get 'em to go with it as it is -Thanks Everyone - I will head back & 'Try' this again! -Tom aka Hwy101
    Last edited by Hwy101; 05 May 2011 at 03:52 AM. Reason: Old eyes can't see the mistakes
    Tom - Hwy101

Quote Originally Posted by molucca View Post
    You can apply stars to a circle and adjust the spacing. Then convert the line to a shape and ungroup. This will free the stars, and you can work on them separately.

Rich
    Thanks - I may have to do that -though I am hoping to let XDP6 do it -it's some much better at Precision than I am (LOL) -why I Like It! Tom aka Hwy101
    Tom - Hwy101

Quote Originally Posted by Hwy101 View Post
    Is there a Tut for making a Brush? Or, maybe I can Learn it from looking at Your Brush (Thank You for the the Brush!) -Tom aka Hwy101
    Hi Rich.

I'm sure there are loads of tutorials on creating brushes.

But here are some instructions that you might find useful.

Cheers!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

Nice totorial Rik. That should help someone.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

Quote Originally Posted by Rik View Post
    Hi Rich.

I'm sure there are loads of tutorials on creating brushes.

But here are some instructions that you might find useful.

Cheers!
    Thank You Very Much Rik! Super! I will Practice to get the 'Hang-of-It' -- Tom aka Hwy101
    Last edited by Hwy101; 07 May 2011 at 11:49 PM. Reason: old eye can't see spelling mistakes!
    Tom - Hwy101