Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Can someone explain these split lines?

I'm baffled by what I'm seeing in one of my drawings. I had done a couple of retangle fills using a linear gradient. Then I think I applied a transparency and then took it away. At that point I changed line width from None to 16. That's when this split line color effect showed up. Now, every rectangle I create has the split line color. I've tried to find a setting for it, to no avail. And btw, at no point did I apply a contour or bevel — or paste from another drawing.

What have I enabled? ... and how do I disable it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	SplitLine.jpg 
Views:	111 
Size:	53.3 KB 
ID:	81560  

Default Re: Can someone explain these split lines?

It's because your rectangles have a transparency applied to them, which makes their lines to have the same transparency as well
    What you're seeing is the half of the 16pt line overlapping its own rectangle (giving a different color) and the other half outside of the rectangle. You can also see that the outer half of the smaller rectangle's line which overlaps the larger rectangle is partially transparent, because the larger rectangle's (split) line shines through it.

you don't say which version of the program you use, but the latest version remembers the last attributes you used and applies them automatically to the next object by default [this can be changed back to how it used to be]

so it looks like the program is remembering transparency for the lines, as Alien said, and applying it

to test - draw an unclosed line and check in transparency tool if it has transparency applied if so reset it
    -------------------------------
    Nothing lasts forever...

Thanks to you both for the explanations.
    It's because your rectangles have a transparency applied to them, which makes their lines to have the same transparency as well
    First, I'm running Designer Pro 6.1.2, but each of the rectangles is showing transparency=None. When I looked at my General Options, I thought I had found something ("Make groups be transparent ..."). Unforturnately, turning both of those settings Off didn't change the situation. The very next rectangle had the same split lines.

The (slight) good news is that I started a brand new drawing and was able to create plain rectangles with 16-point lines — so at least the erring effect is limited to my one drawing. My question, of course, is how do I turn this effect off for that drawing. Nothing works because transparency is not indicated on any of the elements. At this point, it looks like I'll have to abandon that drawing.

Any further suggestions will be appreciated.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	VersionOptions.PNG 
Views:	88 
Size:	46.8 KB 
ID:	81564  

Select everything, hit Ctrl-U to make sure nothing's grouped by accident, switch to Transparency tool (F6), apply a transparency, and then remove it. Should get everything back to normal.

-- Ben
    -----------------------
    Ben Morgan: ad1066 AT gmail thingy
    Chapter 13 Press: www.chapter13press.com
    Burn After Reading: www.burnafterreadingpress.com

That worked — and it's something I would never have thought to try. My drawing is saved.

Thank you.