Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Widgets in new WD7 Premium

I just bought and downloaded the latest WD7 Premium and having a bit of a problem, I can't drag any Widgets to my page, nothing is working, I have downloaded the content pack already. Restarting does not help, why is this happening. Widgets still work in WD6, WD7 has less widgets now too? Any help please. I do notice when I click on the main widget line and I notice it contacts xara resources, maby this is not connecting at all?
    Last edited by haanswors; 08 May 2011 at 10:07 AM. Reason: added a few more details

Default Re: Widgets in new WD7 Premium

What happens if you click on Help > Update Program? Does it connect to Xara? Also, it never hurts to try this: Right click on the WD7 program icon and select Run as Administrator. This often solves a multitude of issues. You only need to do it once. It will either work or it won't.

(Caption: OK Just once, OK? But don't lose your head!)
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	just-once.jpg 
Views:	103 
Size:	27.2 KB 
ID:	81557  

Have not a clue if this might be the problem but I have found that if I just drag and drop like I do in other programs, most of the time it does not work in Xara's web programs. I must drag and pause until the transparent image comes up and then drop. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com

When I go to Help/Update program it says I am up to date, I have started as admin and that also does not help. The introduction/example/photos, all these do not work everything else opens fine.

Hi

What security based applications are you running (anti virus programs and similar)

Please can you navigate to the following location via windows explorer replacing USERNAME with your actual username.

C:\Users\USERNAME\AppData\Local\Xara\WebDesignerPr emium\7.0\Cache\clipart\eng

Does this folder contain any sub folders and do the sub folders contain any files?

Ok the folders inside there are allwidgets and examples. within the allwidgets there is a file called "catindex.OLD" and a catindex text file. in the examples folder there is "catindex.OLD" and a catindex text file.

That is all in the eng folder.