Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Inserting an MP4 Video

This sounded easy enough. I dropped an MP4 video file onto a blank page from windows explorer, WD7 automatically recognised the file and inserted a media player. Previewing the page played the sound but not the video so I published the site, complete with the new page. This time I got the media player with a 'video not found' message. A quick look with an FTP program revealed that the video file hadn't uploaded so I manually uploaded it using the FTP program but with the same result.

Tried again but this time using the IMPORT function and the MP4 filetype - again the same result. The file is quite large (100Mb) and I was half-expecting buffering issues but I expected to see something.

Is the process more complicated than I realise? WD7 is usually so good at making complicated processes so simple.
    Last edited by steve911; 07 May 2011 at 11:54 AM.

Default Re: Inserting an MP4 Video

I went through the exact same thing yesterday. Sound but no video. I was working with Format Factory converting an AVI file to MP4. I finally got it to work.

OK I was searching for info in this forum on MP4 and found this comment by Steve Ledger:

When you convert your video clips to MP4, select 'Setting' and always choose AVC(H264) codec.
    DivX is the default selection in FF, which isn't supported.
    H264 is the commonly used streaming format (think YouTube/Vimeo etc) as it was basically developed for broadcast.