Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: Exporting text - Format problems

Yes, I tried copying directly from WD7 and my website and it does n ot preserve the formatting. Additionally the links are gone.

Hi blekk,
    no, I'm not in a hurry but I'm looking for a way to do this on a recurring basis, so I'm looking for some solution for my work flow. It's weird, I would have thought pasting into Word would work, but it doesn't.

BTW covoxer, if you have a moment, you might give it a shot - copying text from my site and see what happens: www/the247newsroom.com. I just can't get it to work directly into WordPress, or by trying to use MS Word.

Quote Originally Posted by blekk View Post
    covoxer: I tried MS Word - not working.
    What exactly is not working? It works perfectly here. It also works with WordPad or any other editor capable of handling RTF.
    John.

Quote Originally Posted by petner View Post
    BTW covoxer, if you have a moment, you might give it a shot - copying text from my site and see what happens: www/the247newsroom.com. I just can't get it to work directly into WordPress, or by trying to use MS Word.
    I said, copy directly from WD to MS Word. Did I say copy from your site or directly to WordPress? No.
    John.

Sorry covoxer - indeed it's working.
    6) Save & Publish
    <p>
    <p class="MsoNormal" style="margin-bottom: .0001pt; line-height: 119%; mso-layout-grid-align: none; text-autospace: none;"><strong><span style="font-size: 10.5pt; line-height: 119%; font-family: &quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;; mso-bidi-font-family: &quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;; color: black;">6) S</span></strong><strong><span style="text-decoration: underline;"><span style="font-size: 10.5pt; line-height: 119%; font-family: &quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;,&quot;sans-serif&quot;; mso-bidi-font-family: &quot;Trebuchet MS&quot;; color: blue;"><a href="http://abrakadabra.com.pl/"><span style="color: blue;">ave &amp; Publish</span></a></span></span></strong></p>
    Well - there are many solution to clean it - one option is just "publish to blog", and wordpress is one of the choices.
    http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6...n-up-word-html
    Last edited by blekk; 06 May 2011 at 10:55 AM. Reason: some googling

This info was passed along by an expert Xara User:

Contrary to what he says, copying text from his website to Word *does* carry over the links. But it won't carry the same visual formatting because of the <span> tag used
    per line in Xara for WYSIWYG formatting. Word doesn't support this.

HOWEVER

If he applies the special name *HTMLBlockText* to the text area in Xara, [click the yellow tag icon and add the name HTMLBlockText to the placeholder]
    then the links AND the formatting will paste into Word.

Hey Covoxer..you seem troubled. I tried both and I was simply telling you that. It was my undertsnading that a moderator might want to have all the info.

thanks gwpriester

BTW gwpriester I just tried again copying over the text and links from WD7 into Word and the links do not carry over. I'll try the HTMLBlocktext approach.
    Thanks