Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Default Re: Exporting text - Format problems

Hi GWpriester, unfortunately I still can't get it to work. Here's what I did, I highlighted the text I wanted to copy. This is in WD7. I then added HTMLBlockText" to the name field (by clicking the yellow tag) and then tried pasting it into Word. Again, the text comes out as one continuous run of text, no line breaks and no links. Any ideas/suggestions?

Petner....

Try this to see if you can copy your text from WD7 to MS Word.

1- Click on the Text Tool
    2- Select the text you want to copy
    3- Start MS Word and paste in the text.

I have done this a number of times and it works for me.... the only catch I have found is you must have the Text tool selected before you copy.

Walt

Got it to work. Thanks much.

Thanks for posting the info. I also swapped notes with SteveL. Between you guys I got it to work. Thanks much.

This may be a little off topic but something I found I had to do with D6 Pro and WD7 that I never had to do with XX5. When I have an object - say a graphic or whatever, in XX5 I just put the text as I wanted it and it would upload and display correctly.

In the other programs, if I don't group the text with whatever it is on the formatting is messed up - text is much larger in size and does not stay on the object as placed. Took me a while to realize one has to group text in the web programs to get it to show "as is" in the program. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com