Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default PHP Upload Form Needed ASAP

I have a client needing a form for clients to upload resumes. The form we have been using is no longer working (Coffeecup web form) and it needs to be php based and email her the results. Anyone have any great solutions to this?

Thanks

Default Re: PHP Upload Form Needed ASAP

How comfortable are you with PHP and/or mySQL? Are you looking for free solution OR are you willing to spend $30-$40?

Of course I would prefer a free method, but I would really prefer that Xara FINALLY add form controls natively to their web design programs as it seems they are the ONLY ones who do not add this to their design programs.

I'm currently using Coffeecup Web Form Builder but the script that we have currently been using seems to have stopped over the weekend. The hosting provider says that they are using PHP 4 and I'm not sure what version Coffeecup generates.

Thanks for any input.

Coffeecup requires PHP 4.4.7 or higher installed on the server. If it stopped working, something changed. That said, the 4 series has a lot of security holes that were plugged beginning with the 5 series. The host really should update their PHP (which may/will break some sites on the host).

Have you tried CC's forum for aid?

Take care, Mike

I do my forms two ways in Xara.

1. I embed a product called Machform. It costs about $30-$40 and you have to be able to install a php/mysql app on your server. After that, it's real easy to create forms drag and drop (with file upload) and then just embed the code into a Xara placeholder.

2. I create form elements as placeholders in my xara document. Then I create a wrapper by hand that has all the email processing code in it. So, it looks something like this...

webform.htm (generated from Xara)

index.php (coded by me in this fashion)

html
    body
    {email processing code}
    ... include "webform.htm"
    /body
    /html

I have a form/php script I use for clients to send me large files or those that they can't get "out of their system". It's a xara file with a small php upload script in an iframe. It's simple. It lacks a progress meter while the upload is happening, so it just sits there looking like it's hung until complete, then sends to a "thank you" page. For small files, this is a non-issue, as they upload so fast, no one cares, but for large files, it can be offputting,

For large files, you will likely need to adjust the php variables in your php.ini file for your hosting account if you hosting company allows this. You will otherwise be stuck with (I think) 2mb / file limit. Some hosts also impose an invisible limit as well regardless of the php.ini limit stated. dot5 hosting only allows like 30mb per php upload or something. For most, this wouldn't be an issue.

If you are interested in what I have, let me know and I'll PM you some info about the current site so you can see it in action (don't want to post that here since it points right at my server).

Extreme care should be used for scripts that allow uploading. In the wrong hands, it would allow someone to upload a file or files that could let the person take over your site, send out spam, etc. Such access should be limited by a good strong password.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Check out Contact Form Generator (http://www.phpjabbers.com/contact-form/). At $28, it's not a bad buy and will fit nicely in placeholder.
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

I'm not sure if emailing the upload was what was being asked for or not, but, it would certainly be more secure than having it uploaded to the website.
    Chris
    LotsMoreHosting.com

Don't know if it will do what you want but both JotForm and Zoho have free additions - in Zoho Creator, you drag, drop form fields, copy some script and put on your site and the form shows up on your page. When the form is filled in, the data goes automatically into the Zoho database. Can send you an email of it as well. - jb
    - jb

"A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes."
    www.brownpotters.com