Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara 3D - how do I make each letter appear individaully to create a word

I want to make each letter of the word V-I-D-E-O apppear from way back in the distance and come forwqrd to create the word one letter at a time, with each letter either nudging the previous letter to the left as it appears (from centre screen) or the word building from left to right as each letter appears

So far I can only get each letter to appear individually and then leave the screen for the next letter to appear.

I have a had a look round for tutorials but no luck so far.

Any pointers anyone?

Talking Re: Xara 3D - how do I make each letter appear individaully to create a word

I can't get 'em to come from way back either -but, Typewriter does do 'em one-at-a-Time - I know 'Close , But No Cigar' LOL Tom aka Hwy101
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Tom - Hwy101

Default Re: Xara 3D - how do I make each letter appear individaully to create a word

Which version of Xara3D are you using. There are 7 versions as of the latest release. Many users are still using older version or at least I know of some that are still using Xara3D 3 and newer versions.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Default Re: Xara 3D - how do I make each letter appear individaully to create a word

Quote Originally Posted by Soquili View Post
    Which version of Xara3D are you using. There are 7 versions as of the latest release. Many users are still using older version or at least I know of some that are still using Xara3D 3 and newer versions.
    I'm using version 7

Quote Originally Posted by Hwy101 View Post
    I can't get 'em to come from way back either -but, Typewriter does do 'em one-at-a-Time - I know 'Close , But No Cigar' LOL Tom aka Hwy101
    Thanks - tried that - not really what I want.

It can be done, but requires an additional gif animation program. I put this simple example together this morning. It is likely that what you decribe would require a lot of handwork and 100+ frames to acheive...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example.gif 
Views:	277 
Size:	58.1 KB 
ID:	81533  

This may be a better example:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Example2.gif 
Views:	283 
Size:	172.7 KB 
ID:	81535  

Do you want an animated gif or a flash?

I know this is not what you want but I did this some time ago.
    This was an animated gif and required 40 frames starting at 10 points and increasing 2 points for each additional frame for a smooth animation. My file is troublesome at best and when I post it here it does not loop as it should. I figure that for the word VIDEO you would need 200 frames just for the letters. Plus the encountered letters would have to be moved to the left also. All in all a very tedious task. A flash would be much easier if that would suit your needs. By the way This was done at the time in Xara Xtreme 5 and X3D6 to rotate the word as a reference for each frame, if that helps. Why it does not loop when posted is a mystery. I wish I knew why.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	h3.gif 
Views:	240 
Size:	87.3 KB 
ID:	81611

Edit: I just opened the anim in IE and it does not loop there either. Hmmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by wizard509; 12 May 2011 at 03:08 AM.
    Larry a.k.a wizard509

Never give up. You will never fail, but you may find a lot of ways that don't work.

I just noticed this thread.
    You will need to use the scroll animation along with it's 'page gap' of 1
    True love is the ultimate truth