Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Make site go faster

Hi,

I have a sneaky suspicion that even though my site works well, that I might have over engineered it a bit.

When it loads to the host it takes a while to upload a lot of images, I have optimised the pictures, but wondered if anyone had any ideas about this, I know this is vague, but just can't put my finger on it:

www.defiancecombatselfdefense.com

Guy

Default Re: Make site go faster

Hi,
    Group all objects that are either static images/text that don't have links associated with them, this helps things load faster. Your site all objects laod individually.
    JIm
    Hope you undestand.

Note that grouping text will cause it to be converted to an image on export. This will render the text invisible to search engines.

Text will also usually load faster than images.

Thats helpful.
    Also Drwyd thats top tip useful, helps me alot.

Your site is not noticeably slow to load. The animated GIF at 178K is by far the largest image and has the biggest effect on the loading speed (which doesn't seem particularly slow).

As a site, it does assault the senses a bit - it has so much packed on the page it's difficullt to know what to look at. I guess it's one of those sites that you need to want to go there before you arrive, rather than convincing joe public about anything.

Pauland,

It's a nightmare to know what to do.
    Alot on the front page or not.
    Pic that take you to the info.
    Or a lot on the front to lay it out?!
    But it's doing well on the rankings, on Google pages 1-4 for my top 6 searches.
    But I always think I am doing it wrong.
    Thanks for looking.

Guy

If you are using an asynchronous internet connection, such as ADSL, you will find that it takes longer to upload a site to your host than it does to download it (i.e. view it in a web browser). This is because your upload speed will be much slower than your download speed.

Regards,

Rich