Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Threaded View

Default Re: Just received Cinema 4D 2012

Hello Pauland

The original post has to do with bringing Xara into Cinema4D (3DMax, Blender, etc.)...

I think the photos are topical. Perhaps initially overwhelming, but no one said 3D would be EASY.

Additionally, I have been at the 3D thing with Blender for only a couple of months, perhaps three. The images are also to show that WITH SOME APPLICATION OF TIME/ENERGY, anyone else can make pretty much whatever they apply themselves to... perhaps a slight inspiration that even noobs can make "something" without being eaten alive by the interface.

The import abilities of most 3D programs make it so that objects (or at least the beginnings of more complex objects) can be brought in without too much muss and fuss... [The grenade could be made from a shape that was first drafted in Xara. Once in Blender (etc.) through control loops or other methods it could be spun and shaped. The handle and top could also be fashioned in Xara and then just extruded. Using Xara in this way, cuts out a LOT of the beginners' difficulties with creating shapes wholly in 3D to begin with.]

Yes, this doesn't look just like a grenade, but I think it's close enough that most viewing the image would THINK grenade...

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	QuickGrenade2.jpg 
Views:	268 
Size:	26.4 KB 
ID:	81420

Peace

James
    Last edited by ODdOnLifeItself; 01 May 2011 at 12:44 PM. Reason: Crystal Clarity