Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Question how do I create and insert a calculator?

Hi! I didn't think finding out how to create a simple calculator for my website would be so hard! I've gotten pretty good using Xara but I know nothing about Javascript.

I need users of my website to be able to enter length (B3) and width (B4) and then to receive a result based on this formula: =B3*B4*85

Can anyone point me in the right direction? I thought for sure I'd find a "calculator generator" somewhere, but nothing so far.

Thanks!

Default Re: how do I create and insert a calculator?

tquin,

There is a heap of scripts out there for calculators. I've Googled and found this one. I imagine you need a calculator that can give a result with input in any fields. You'll have to do some editting to this code to what outcome you desire.

http://javascript.internet.com/math-...alculator.html

Jim

Thanks for the link Jim. It has the right amount of fields for the calculation that I need to do... but not knowing anything about Javascript, I have no idea which portions I need to replace and with what, to get my formula working. I wish there was some kind of calculator tutorial out there that tells me how to multiply in javascript... I think that's all I need... but then again, I don't really know :-S

Exactly what is it you are trying to formulate? Mass? Area, ??? Give me a heads up and I'll have a crack at rewriting the script for you.

Wow, thanks Jim! Well, it's pretty simple really. I want to have users enter the width of a room in feet (a), then enter the length of a room in feet (b), the result should be: a (feet) x b (feet) x 85 = c (BTUs)
    It is to calculate the number of BTU's necessary for an air conditioner. It would be great if you could do this! Thank you!!

How about presenting the data this way: Click Here For Graph.

That graph looks awesome! But we are targeting a big range of users, and I'm not sure everyone would understand it. I was hoping for something interactive where user enters data and gets the result. Thank you for putting the work into that graph though.... it looks great!

I may or may not have found what I need... http://www.functionx.com/javascript/Lesson05.htm
    I'll be working with it in the next few days and see what happens.