Welcome to TalkGraphics.com
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Default Re: Could someone please help me make my image spin please

Quote Originally Posted by Raw Habitz View Post
    I downloaded blender is there another application I need I can't get the images from Xara Xtreme to Blender
    I think I would be inclined to pass on the project, then.

It's easy to transfer those images and it will take quite a bit of effort for an absolute 3D beginner to make a hand-grenade with Blender. You can't convert the images in blender, you will have to make a 3D model. All the image will do is be a guide. There is no "make object from image" tool.

Expect to take many hours to build a grenade as good as the provided example.

Blender is a good application but I never could get a handle on it's UI.

My experience with other 3D applications did not help and probably hindered my efforts with Blender.

Unless you have a passing knowledge of how a 3D application works it will take several days if not much longer learning the Tools and skills required before you would be able to model a grenade with any 3D application.

A computer application cannot do any more than the developers designed it to perform and is limited by the users skill level and knowledge of the program's abilities.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I agree I was just looking through it and realized that I would have to draw an image. although, I look forward to giving it a shot I will try Xara 3D and add shape as requested

I see the discussion has moved on away from Xara3D, now. May I suggest that if you want to pursue this further with another 3d package, that you raise a new thread in the 3D forum rather than here?

On the other hand, if the difficulties of blender and other 3d modelling apps seems daunting, you may wish to pursue a bit further the Xara3D badge style option I mentioned earlier. To help you see some of the possibilities, I pretty quickly made the attached spinning 3d-style badge based on your posted .xar file.

Mike
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Is there a way for me to add shape to the image. I would like to give it more of a realistic feel. Also, before I forget I'd like to thank everyone on here that has taken the time to post their advice. It is greatly appreciated

Yes, of course you are right.

If he is wanting relatively quick results learning (even a relatively easy) 3D package is not the way to go.

Don't mind me.

Peace

James

How would I place a second avatar on the same shape. I have an avatar thats in the shape of a circle. I would like to place another image on the back of the same Avatar

A different image on the front and back of the avatar?

If you have any, I think you will be pulling your hair out before this is over...

Peace

James

This now sounds like a different project? Probably better to start a fresh thread, for clarity for others who may be searching topics for helpful hints.

As to different images on front and back of an spinning object, search the forum for spinning coins, which will turn up several threads descibing the process. The basic process is to have two pages with the same shape in each, but bearing different images/textures on them. When tey spin Xara3D helpfully spins the object in the first page, then swaps over to the second page to spin the second object, with the changeover happening with the coin/object edge on.

Mike