Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Thread: New website

Default New website

I'm building a website in Designer Premium about photo editing and color grading.
    Have a look at http://www.ruudvaneldik.nl

Greetings
    Ruud

Default Re: New website

Hi,
    I can't see anything but Images touched up by Photo editing processes? Is that the extent of you site? No explanation?
    Jim

Stunning. But I agree with Scotty. You may have a conflict between you as an artist and you as a businessman.

Thinking search engines, you do want to knock their socks off as soon as the see you. But you also need to "sell" them on entering.

I was impressed with the original photo, down in the corner.. Am I right that what you're selling is not the gorgeous photo I see, but YOU are the difference. YOU make that happen.

One compromise might be a full-screen slide show, where where we compare the two but still keep the visual explosion. Consider your business or web address in that top band, and a VERY brief description of what you do. The key selling points should always be "above the fold" (before they have to scroll).

Don't recall where I saw it. But a web landing page is like some gorgeous woman on the streets of Amsterdam. Your heart leaps, just for a moment, but the appreciation needs to be there too -- she has no teeth :-)

I'm sending the link to a few of my fellow (nature) photographers unless you object. Thanls again for the visual treat.

Ruud, I like your design and the colour work is fantastic. I'm left wanting more - particularly a tutorial on the process - I'd even pay a modest amount for it.

Change the index page title!

Paul

Thanks for all your replies.

The website is not ment for selling something, but only for showing some examples. But I'm thankfull for the tips from Mike, in case I would ever build a commercial site for selling something.
    I have plans to put more information about the subject colorgrading on my site. At this moment I don't have written any tutorials.
    So Paul, the best way to get more info and tutorials is to follow the link at the bottem-left on my site. It will take you to the software I use.

Best regards
    Ruud

Thanks Ruud - that is some cool software - beatiful images on your site.