Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Xara 3D Maker 7 one language?

I bought the upgrade when it was offered and am now trying to install it from the download trial.

Installation only offers English UK version, no USA version like the other products.
    How much different is it? Anyone know? Or is there a different version I should be downloading?

(I had 3d6 on my old machine - died - so I can not look at it to see the interface)
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

Default Re: Xara 3D Maker 7 one language?

Samantha the difference between UK and USA English can be amazing at times, but fortunately in regards to software there is not much difference.

The difference between Southern USA English and New England English can be extremely different.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

I will go ahead and download X3DM7. Glad to hear it will not trip me up terribly.

LOL. You are spot on! Our USA English is quite inconsistent.
    But your English is not the same at all! Have seen quite a difference when I watch the British version of "Law & Order" and other BBC programming.

The language difference has been forefront of my mind because I have been working on a British website this week and running into differences with my spell-checker (of course).
    A few I had to check with oxford dictionary online to be sure which spelling I should use. Worked well until I hit this "or" statement:
    “Verbs in British English that can be spelled with either -ize or -ise at the end are always spelled with -ize at the end in American English”
    Do you know how many words actually use ize? or izer? or izing? Had them all over the site, mixed s and z all over the place. Even in their own documentation.
    Got so confused...had to ask site owners which they preferred.

(nice quick reference: http://oxforddictionaries.com/page/s...rican-spelling )
    Last edited by samrc; 05 June 2011 at 03:10 AM.
    -Samantha
    "Try to live your life so that you wouldn't be afraid to sell the family parrot to the town gossip." Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)

My English is terrible. I grew up in Nashville Tennessee with a very heavy southern accent but my grammer school teacher taught British spelling. Add to that spending my summers with relatives that still spoke English from the 18th century. Include subconscious adaptable auditory speech patterns where I pickup the accents of those around me and toss in extensive travel around the world for 20 years.

I have problems understanding my self.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

LOL
    I am American but raised in Germany (non-military!), living in German towns, going to the American schools mostly and a German school for one year. My family spent time with people from several countries, and several areas of USA. I picked up a "southern twang" from a good friend even though both parents were from north. Irritated my father to no end! With travel, living in USA north and south, the resulting speech is much like newscasters, non-specific in nature most of the time. Unfortunately, if I am around certain accents for any length of time, I tend to mimic it (not intentionally). At least I can understand myself.

Just don't ask me to spell anything! I was 17 before I learned that grey and colour are not the "standard" spelling for those words (in USA) and there were no computers, spell check...
    -Samantha