Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Repel text between layers

Sorry Guys (and Galls!) if I am going over old ground but the search feature has been of no help whatsoever. My problem is that I have some text with pictures included using the repel text effect. No problem there. What is the problem is that when these are kept on layers to call up the repel feature of the photo effects the next layer called up. In other words it repels text on whatever layer is brought up. As you can appreciate having several layers pictures are causing havoc with the text alignment on other layers when they pop up. I have tried grouping the pictures with their respective text but this doesn't stop the repel feature acting on other layers when they are called.

Help please must be some simple solution but I can't for the life of me find it.

Cheers in the usual anticipation of sage advice.

Default Re: Repel text between layers

I believe the solution is to upgrade to Web Designer 7. I can't recall if there was a fix implemented in WD6/DP6.
    Soquili
    a.k.a. Bill Taylor
    Bill is no longer with us. He died on 10 Dec 2012. We remember him always.
    My TG Album
    Last XaReg update

Thanks Soquili for the prompt reply. I couldn't recall seeing an answer. Have they fixed it in WD7 then? Just going to upgrade in a couple of days after reading the re-actions here. I have worked around it by careful placing of where the popups are going to appear which isn't really what I wanted for layout or ideal but it is a compromise in light of what you say.

Cheers

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Thanks neodeist, had a look at WD7 and tried a dummy pop up layout with repelling pictures on each layer and as said by soquili it seems the problem is corrected in WD7 so the best solution would be to transfer the site to 7 and publish from there. Thanks for the prompt reply guys.