Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default I screwed something up publishing - Help, Please!

Hi there -

I am making subdirectories of animalprops.com - i did ..../aquatic, .../seals etc.... i did everything the same no problems - i just added a bird category as subdirectory and this is what i got when i published.

http://animalprops.com/birds/

i checked all my settings, etc... everything is the same as the others, this is the part of webbuilding that goes downhill for me, i just don't get the index/publishing stuff - usually leave it up to the program to figure it out.

Thanks for any help!

p.s. every single time i export/publish my desktop fills up with explorer icons and names of the corresponding web pages - don't know what's up with that?

Thanks thanks thanks!
    Sandy

Default Re: I screwed something up publishing - Help, Please!

name your site when you publish index.html You have named it birds.htm

The browser looks for an index file. If it cannot find one, it displays the contents of the root directory.

Start over and when you are asked to save your file prior to publishing change it to index.html (I prefer .html to .htm though either one will work.

Quote Originally Posted by bigfurryfriends View Post
    ...every single time i export/publish my desktop fills up with explorer icons and names of the corresponding web pages ...
    Make a folder on your desktop [or wherever you want to save it] and then export the site to there.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Got it!!! Sooooooo many thanks!
    Sandy