Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Apple iPad - Your view

Recently my friend bought iPad and when I touched it than I realise the magic of touch.

This is simply awesome.

Guys what do you think about the iPad ... ?

Please share ...

Default Re: Apple iPad - Your view

Love it! have two of them (iPad 2) one black and one white... looking forward to find a way to use Xara in it!

Ernesto

They have an excellent user interface, a poorly-designed CPU (can't handle Flash), and a secret log file that keeps track of where you are and can't be deleted... see http://www.techtree.com/India/News/Y...15120-893.html.
    The 2-way chat video is a breakthrough for ease of use.
    The camera, like all quasi-cameras on these devices, is good for on-the-go note-taking. Every real estate agent should have one.
    And, if Apple ever puts the 366-ppi iPhone screen technology on the iPad, you will see a real change in graphics -- we'll need to handle much larger bitmaps, with faster processors and screen redraw chips.

Hi jon.

The link in your post about the device recording your moves is interesting and disturbing stuff.
    I wonder how may users know that their every move is being tracked and recorded?

Featured Artist on Xara Xone . May 2011
    . A Shield . My First Tutorial
    . Bottle Cap . My Second Tutorial on Xara Xone

I think I read that this was in the iPhone and not the iPad.

If you like stereograms, I can enthusiastically recommend three iPad apps

Click the link at the signature of this message.

The omission of Flash has nothing at all to do with the CPU and has everything to do with Apple's ongoing feud with Adobe. And I suspect another motive. I use a site called www.SpeedTest.net to test my connection speed. It does not work on my iPad. But they have an app that does work. Now the SpeedTest app is free, but they had to register the app with the iTunes store and Apple has made SpeedTest, and everybody else, have to create an app to get around the absence of Flash. It is devious.

Here's Steve Jobs on the subject of Flash

http://www.apple.com/hotnews/thoughts-on-flash/
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

I use GoToMyPC to help customers out and they've now got an iPad app that will allow you to control a Mac or PC. Anybody got any experience of using it?
    "Second class fairway is better than first class rough!"

Neodeist, here's Adobe's take on it -- http://blogs.adobe.com/conversations...t_and_app.html -- the points they make re HTML 5 are valid; it's a mess for cross-browser implementation.

Gary, here's a link to some chip info -- http://theiphonefever.blogspot.com/2...p-replica.html -- the author seems to be very anti-Apple, but has a point. Steve Job's statement that Flash is a 'CPU hog' is clever, as it is only his chip that has a problem. Apple could have gone with a Qualcomm or Motorola CPU, but that would've cost a little more money, and gone against Jobs' business model of using a beautiful user interface to mask performance inadequacies.

I'm curious what actually will come along someday to knock Flash out. Looked at Microsoft's Silverlight, but are there any easy-to-use programs that we could use to make animations? Apple's Motion is a delight, but nobody seems to know that it even exists. So we'll see, but for now, and especially with Android and the new Blackberry, it's Flash all the way, IMHO.

Thumbs up Re: Apple iPad - Your view

Here's a Another Speed-Test Site: Speed Matters -they will even Help you Lobby Your Representatives

http://www.speedmatters.org/

And, back on Topic, I am looking at an iPad2

Speed Does Matter! -Tom aka Hwy101
    Tom - Hwy101