Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Navigation Bar Mouse-Over Decoupled in WD7.0.3 Premium

Hi,

I am a new Xara user and quickly developed a large site based on the Fusion template which has a horizontal navbar. The navbar was easily modified to add submenus and to increase the font to 13. www.vitreouscom.com

Now the navbar mouse-over no longer functions. On some pages the navbar mouse-over group appears somewhere down the page. When I turn the visibility on for the mouse-over navbar and drag it back into position, the text for the mouse-off navbar moves out of its correct position.

1. What causes this positioning behavior? 2. How do I get the mouse-off navbar back in position and functioning?

Default Re: Navigation Bar Mouse-Over Decoupled in WD7.0.3 Premium

Shalom and welcome to TalkGraphics

When you make the mouse off layer invisible (click the eye icon on the MouseOff layer). Do you see the mouse over version of the button? Make the Mouse Over layer invisible. Do you see your buttons?

What I do in this situation (it is a good learning experience ) is I double click on the Nav Bar and select ungroup for editing.

Then I delete all but one button, and remove the soft group (Arrange > Remove SoftGroup) and get my buttons on the two layers, Mouse Off and Mouse Over.

Select both buttons and if the status bar shows two groups on two layers, then reapply the SoftGroup.

In Website Properties > Navigation Bar section, recreate your Nav Bar and select the option that makes the bar appear on all pages.

Now the fun part, you will need to edit the pages as before.

Default Re: Navigation Bar Mouse-Over Decoupled in WD7.0.3 Premium

Thank you for the reply and info! I grew impatient and recreated the entire site and the problem did not creep back in. However, I will take some time today and play with the navbar as you suggested so I learn just how they work.