Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

I am not a pagemaker user but I have Pagemaker 6.5 for clients that only use pagemaker. I receive a pagmaker file via email and would like to be able to output the printing to a file instead of a printer. That way I can send it to a remote printer. Does anyone know how to print to file in pagmaker? I've checked out all the help I could think of and checked out all the options/settings in the print menu and have found nothing. Maybe someone could point me to a bulletin board that deals with pagemaker. I would really appreciate it. Thank you in advance
    IP

First, I suppose that you are using PC and Windows operating system. If so, you have to install a new printer, or change the properties of your current printer.

For examle, in Windows 98 it may be done this way:
    Click Start --> Settings --> Printers. Activate your current printer and click Properties. Choose Details and change "Print to the following port" to "FILE:". Then OK.
    IP

Ataki,
    Thank you so much.... duh!!!!!!!!! I've forgotten almost all my old DOS options. How simple. You have no idea how much I appreciate your answering my question in this forum. Kudos to you.
    And thank you for the assumption, yes to win98se and PC
    Marie (Inphoenix)
    IP

Marie, it was my pleasure.
    BTW, the word "kudos" is so close to finnish word "kiitos", meaning "thank you", that at first I thought that you are trying to write me some finnish. Fortunately I checked up my dictionary [img]/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif[/img].
    IP