Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default Link Pages Out of Order?

Hello Everyone,

I'm new to Xara Xtreme and web design in general. I've been teaching the program to myself over the last few days out of necessity, but I've hit a block.

I'm trying to create an informational archive. I have numerous overview pages. Each of these pages should link to a number of other pages that go more in depth. Of those pages, several should link to still other informational pages.

My point is that I need to be able to link my pages to a wealth of other pages, but that these pages cannot possibly be in order. The only options I see for linking pages are previous, next and index. None of these suit my purposes. Is there another method or tool I should use?

Thank you kindly,
    Hope

Default Re: Link Pages Out of Order?

The simple answer is that the only things that will appear in the list of things to link to are things that already exist in your document. Chicken -> egg thing. In this case, you have to think a little backwards and create the content that you want to point to before you can point to it.

So, go create the pages you are going to point to - they can be blank, they just have to exist - then go back to your links and point to them as you wish.

Does that help?

Welcome to TalkGraphics Lovingv72

It is called planning. :-) Creating an outline or diagram of what you need to accomplish and where you need to link to. And then build your website using the outline or diagram as a starting point.

Thank you both kindly. I'll go and try that now.