Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

WD6 Question; Best Practice for setting up New Web Site and working on it from two comput

Using Web Design 7 Premium:
    Did not see anything on this in the help or any tutorials about how to set up a new web site. Specifically folder structure tips, location on a network, and working on the same site from more than one computer (multiple users in a collaborative environment).
    WD7 only creates a new page, but does not offer any clues on setting up a new site (perhaps I'm just used to FrontPage, and the like).
    Does WD use a different metaphor than the other web authoring applications?
    Am I mistaken about how to use WD?

A tutorial on setting up a site might be helpful. If one exists, could someone point me to it/them?

Thanks.

Default Re: Question; Best Practice for setting up New Web Site and working on it from two co

I would start as you normally would, with a sketch/diagram of how you want your site to be built. Then create a look for the site. Add the appropriate pages, and add your content. In the Help file there is a link to Movies (videos) which might be a good place to start.

Web Designer is a WYSIWYG website design program that lets you put content where you want it.

One way to get up to speed might be to look at some of the pre-designed websites in the Designs Gallery > Website Themes.

Also, there are lots of pre-designed objects you can use if you don't feel like designing your own.

Default Re: Question; Best Practice for setting up New Web Site and working on it from two co

For working on the same site from several computer you should consider using Dropbox.
    Xara always works offline, and then you export/publish.
    With Dropbox you will all have access to the same offline files. The tricky part is that guess you'll need to be careful not to work on the same files at the same time.