Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default XWD 7 Image I'm adding is smaller than the actual image

When using an IFrame and the Place holder (example placeholder code - <iframe name=PageLinksSinksBath src=includes/Page_links-sinks-bath.html height=100% width=100% scrolling=no frameborder=0></iframe>) I'm using an image (just a rectangle box) to serve as my physical place holder in WD7. I'm using the IFrame to include HTML from a file of links that will appear on several pages. By keeping the links in files and using the IFrame I can just change the file and automatically all of the pages will be updated.

Because I'm using an image (just a rectangle box) I need for the image to be large enough to display all of the included file content. To accommodate one of the included files I need for the image to be 600 pixels by 300 pixels which is the size of the image I created. When I drag & drop the image on my XWD 7 page the size of the image is reduced to 500 x 250 pixels.

How can I get XW7 to keep the size of my image?
    jgt

Default Re: XWD 7 Image I'm adding is smaller than the actual image

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	scale-to-100%.jpg 
Views:	87 
Size:	12.9 KB 
ID:	81024

JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

What John is saying is that if your image is smaller (the status bar shows the resolution at greater than 96dpi (1:1 or Windows screen resolution) with the image selected, open the Photo Tool and click the 100% icon. Your image will resize to 96dpi which is most cases is larger.

The question is, why did it come in at a higher resolution in the first place? Don't really know.

Thanks guys! Now I'm back on track. I was manually resizing the darn images. For these simple images I was using Paint.NET, possibly there is some setting I'm not aware of in it that was shooting me in the foot. I looked through the Paint.NET help file (web file) and I did not find anything.
    jgt

XARA HELP FILE>>search>> import photo

"Initial Photo size
    When you import a JPEG it's initially sized to be 500 pixels wide."

You can reset this in XaReg - free
    http://board.xara-users.info/viewtop...&t=326&start=0
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	xareg.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	35.9 KB 
ID:	81033  
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64