Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Info Free 30 Day Trial Version Explained

I received an e-mail from someone who had downloaded the trial copy and was confused because his trial copy was only good for 7 days!

I contacted Xara and here is their explanation.

When you download a free trial copy of any Xara product, you have 7 days in which to try the product. After 7 days, you will be asked if you want to continue with the free trial.

If you say YES, then you will be required to submit your information. The trial is still free but at this point to continue you need to come out of the shadows and identify yourself.

Does this make sense?

Default Re: Free 30 Day Trial Version Explained

Yes it makes sense. That is what I did, I downloaded and then used for 3 weeks (21 days) then I decided to buy a copy.

If I hadn't been able to use it, for the free trial period, I would not have bought.

Yes it makes sense. I'd stress that the first seven days, without registering, is a benefit to one's privacy -- a competitive advantage. It really does seem silly at first. My marketing sense notes that many people get upset when the follow a link for something "free" and then have to register -- which is exactly how the scams begin that wind up asking for your credit card. I think Xara should brag about it. Salesmanship 101 -- turn every drawback into a benefit.

Seems like a way of turning potential customers into feeling they've been misled. If a thirty days trial requires some kind of registration, then that should be clear upfront. Giving someone a seven day trial without registration will make them feel shortchanged if they are expecting 30 days trial without registration and probably make them think twice about handing over their details for an extension.

I think it's a pretty poor way to go about things. Either insist on registration and give them the thirty days, or forget about registration and give them thirty days.

Offer them thirty then give them seven? not good.

I have to agree with Pauland...

Here's your free trial, better read the binding fine-print!!!

To continue the trial, we only need a bunch of personal information and your first born. Consider yourself warned and obligated.

Peace

James