Welcome to TalkGraphics.com

Default WD7 Prem Page & Layout Gallery any way to force it to remain open

The auto closing of the page & layout gallery is starting to really annoy me. Is there anyway to force it to remain open all the time?
    jgt

Default Re: WD7 Prem Page & Layout Gallery any way to force it to remain open

click on the pin at the top of the fly-out

This does not completely solve the issue. Still the pane will collapse if none of the pages is expanded. When the pane collapses I cannot see the names of my pages. I want the darn window to stay fully open at all times.
    jgt

England (Amongst the green rolling hills of the East Midlands)

Hi jgt,

The Pin mechanism works fine for me with a fully-collapsed view of the Page Gallery.

The only variability I've noticed is in the width of the Page Gallery - as it changes depending on whether other galleries are open and docked at the same time. That said - I can see the name of my pages irrespective of how wide the Page Gallery is currently displayed.

My Config = WD Pro 7 on Windows 7 x64

Quote Originally Posted by jgt1942 View Post
    This does not completely solve the issue. Still the pane will collapse if none of the pages is expanded. When the pane collapses I cannot see the names of my pages. I want the darn window to stay fully open at all times.

For me if I have expanded the page to show the layers the pane is very wide and I can see the names of all of my pages (see the larger image below). If I collapse the page, e.g. don't show the layers the pane become very narrow and I cannot see the names of my pages (see the smaller image).
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P&LG Extented 04-14-2011 10-01-05.jpg 
Views:	82 
Size:	37.2 KB 
ID:	80979   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	P&LG Collasped 04-14-2011 10-01-05.jpg 
Views:	84 
Size:	16.8 KB 
ID:	80980  

jgt

Screenshots show you've edited the registry as per a post at XU. By default the page labels are shown in the thumbnail (ShowLabelInPageThumb) not inline (to the right)
    Anyhow - the way to fix this is to open and pin another gallery (e.g. use the bitmap gallery - F11) then adjust that gallery width how you like it.
    Open the P&L (F10) gallery (pin it too) and it will match the already open bitmap gallery width.
    Close all other vertical flyout buttons along the edge, and from now on ONLY USE the toolbar buttons or shortcut keys to open (or close) galleries.
    But ALWAYS make sure another gallery is open BEFORE you open the P&L gallery.
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64

Great solution. I also discovered that if at least one page is expaned it will maintain the width, this has been my simple solution.

OH yes I did modify the registry to the names displayed at the right. The default was driving me nuts, I could not see the full name unless I moused over it and I wanted to see the full name all the time.

Thanks for your suggestion.
    jgt

Glad to be of help
    JOHN -XaReg (FB) XaReg (DB - ignore prompt to register)
    Windows 10 [Anniversary] pro Intel Pentium CPU G630 @ 2.70Ghz RAM: 4 GB; 64-bit x64